I coming Back

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Domf3962

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 2, 2005
Well I thought I could make the change to Comcast HD service here in philly well after 4 days I am returning my DVR boxes. As I knew the analogs are awfull I keep hearing they will convert to all didital but between now and then its brutal. I HAVE had 2 techs come out since tuesday 3 different DVR boxes thay all freeze and the remotes just keep dying Oh well enough whining. I will be shortly reinstalling my DTV Rca high def box and run a sepearte cable line to that receiver to get comcast its not in high def but so be it.

It seems like DTV is more intersted in adding more HD stations especially with the new sats going up. And from some indications they will replace your current HD receiver with a new one to handle the new signals.

Well thats my story. Look forward to participationg in these forums. Thanks

You couldn't pay me enough to get Insight Cable. It plain sucks on my father in law's TV. The only reason I have their internet service is because it's the only broadband option sans satellite at my house.

Its good to be back. Well I tried with cable anyway. I cant believe it when i Saw those analog stations. DTV is picture at 100% digital is worth it. And I can still get my local comcast station through the DTV receiver not bad. I think having this board to ask questions and find out information is awesome. Great place to communicate. Seems like a lot of knowledgable people. :)

I meant to do this with my last post: Welcome to Satelliteguys! :welcome

This site is the best place for all things satellite.

My aparment complex makes us pay for basic/classic cable as part of our rent (I tried to get out of that and there's no way either they or the cable company will let me out) and we don't even use it.

Neutron said:
I meant to do this with my last post: Welcome to Satelliteguys! :welcome

This site is the best place for all things satellite.

My aparment complex makes us pay for basic/classic cable as part of our rent (I tried to get out of that and there's no way either they or the cable company will let me out) and we don't even use it.

Thanks. Look forward to the discussions. :)

Wait you can get comcast sports net philadelphia on directv?

lzjr said:
Wait you can get comcast sports net philadelphia on directv?

Yes it will be in analog only not a great picture but watchable. My installer ran a separate cable line to the HD box. In the back of the HD box there is a Cable in line. He hooked it up there. And then scanned all the chanells. Like I said the picture is a littel grainy but with calbe going all didital soon hopefully by years end the picture will be better.

I see so it is not provided by directv I have the same thing but I had to get the hd box for those philles

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts