I cut the cord -- Dish remotes free to good home

Obe

Original poster
Jun 9, 2013
PA
I'm gone! The cord is totally cut and I find myself left with a bunch of Dish remotes that I have no use for. I have four 40.0 remotes (used), three 52.0 remotes (barely used) and one 54.1 remote (still in the package).

I hate to just throw them away. If you're interested in any or all of these remotes, you pay the shipping and they're yours. Send me a PM and we can arrange for you to send me a USPS prepaid mailing label which I will use to send the remotes to you. (USPS Flat Rate only.)

BTW, I tried to post this on Dish's forum, but now that I'm no longer a Dish customer, I'm locked out.

Reactions: Miner
I won't be back. I'm getting everything I want/need over the internet, no more dropped recordings when it rains/snows, no more random receiver resets, no more erroneous guide listings, etc. And I'm saving 58% of what I was paying Dish.

Do you mind me asking which way you went? I am tired of missing my Thunder but i have to have GSN for my wife.

I'm gone! The cord is totally cut and I find myself left with a bunch of Dish remotes that I have no use for. I have four 40.0 remotes (used), three 52.0 remotes (barely used) and one 54.1 remote (still in the package).

I hate to just throw them away. If you're interested in any or all of these remotes, you pay the shipping and they're yours. Send me a PM and we can arrange for you to send me a USPS prepaid mailing label which I will use to send the remotes to you. (USPS Flat Rate only.)

BTW, I tried to post this on Dish's forum, but now that I'm no longer a Dish customer, I'm locked out.
Keep remotes in case you come back. You might just miss your Hopper.

• Haha
Reactions: Howard Simmons
Do you mind me asking which way you went? I am tired of missing my Thunder but i have to have GSN for my wife.

YoutubeTV has FSN Oklahoma and Southwest for the Thunder. Philo has GSN. $70 a month total for both of them. unlimited cloud dvrs. 30 day dvr retention on Philo, 9 month dvr retention on YTTV. Its easy to fast forward through commercials on the dvrs. Watch anywhere.

I can't remember if you're in the Tulsa DMA or one of the surrounding ones, but the main Tulsa locals are on YTTV. Picture quality has been great with both. I have 150/10 Cox internet at home and just switched to 25/3 Vyve internet at the lake. YTTV and Philo both have been rock solid at both locations with a 4k Fire Stick.

Reactions: Obe
I can't remember if you're in the Tulsa DMA or one of the surrounding ones, but the main Tulsa locals are on YTTV. Picture quality has been great with both. I have 150/10 Cox internet at home and just switched to 25/3 Vyve internet at the lake. YTTV and Philo both have been rock solid at both locations with a 4k Fire Stick.
I am in the OKC DMA. I have Vyve internet and wonder about bundle with their TV pkg. Have you every tried Vyve TV. They have the whole house TIVO and would think about the same cost of Dish. Also might consider YTTV for a couple of months until the NBA season over for my man cave.

I am in the OKC DMA. I have Vyve internet and wonder about bundle with their TV pkg. Have you every tried Vyve TV. They have the whole house TIVO and would think about the same cost of Dish. Also might consider YTTV for a couple of months until the NBA season over for my man cave.

I have standalone TiVo’s I was using with Cox/OTA. I switched the Cox ones to OTA too, for locals now. I didn’t try the Vyve TV service as it’s at our lake cabin and didn’t need/want another tv bill. I did ask the service tech and he told me about the tv service. I had looked at it. It uses the TiVo IP box with TiVo experience 3. It should be a pretty solid service.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I waved goodbye to dish about a month ago and haven't regretted it much since.
Sure there are a few channels I miss but not enough to go back paying their prices for the stuff.
It was definitely liberating to hang up the phone after telling them to shut it off!

Yessh!. YOu can't even give the damn things away. I am like you. I have two 40 and a new voice remote, but use the Harmony 650, instead of the 7 or 8 other various remotes. LG tv, Tivo, dvd, blu ray, avr, and two other boxes.

I believe the Dish Forum was shut down last week due to lack of interest.

• Haha
Reactions: pattykay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts