I don't understand why Denver wants to to get rid of Cutler

True...in a perfect world... But once you establish yourself as the single season passing record holder for a franchise (like Denver), and you live in a city where their biggest celebrity ever used to play the same position as you (like Denver), and chasing the legacy of that guy is ALL you live for, and a young unproven coach takes it away from you...you better be pissed. As a former athlete, and current salesman, if somebody were to tamper with the best player on my team, just to TRY something out, I would be pissed. Jay Cutler cares, and athletes usually get chastised for not caring. Give him credit for not letting this play out behind closed doors. McDaniels inexperience is showing with this situation. You can tell that he McDaniels messed up when he was saying that everything was 'OK' with him and Cutler. Obviously he forgot that this isn't fantasy football, and a better QB may never show up. He could very well eff up the franchise, and his franchise player isn't going to let it happen.

That would be fine if it was up to him. He's not the one in charge. The coach, by default of the title, is. Nice that he has all those records, how many playoff victories has the Broncos had under Cutler? Zero. He has no credibility whatsoever. I say let him get traded, there isn't a player in this league that isn't replaceable.

Their defense is why they don't have fallen short in the playoffs/haven't made them some seasons under Cutler. In addition to that they were pretty injury riddled last season when they choked away the division title in epic fashion losing a 3 game lead with 3 to go.

Their defense is why they don't have fallen short in the playoffs/haven't made them some seasons under Cutler. In addition to that they were pretty injury riddled last season when they choked away the division title in epic fashion losing a 3 game lead with 3 to go.

Ding, Ding, Ding! We have a winner!

This type of stuff is why I have a really hard time liking pro sports. I mean Cutler didn't seem like such a bad guy. He's only been in the league for a couple of years, and the team completely stabbed him in the back. Hell yeah he's got a right to be pissed! But now what? The Broncos aren't getting the guy they wanted, Cassell, and Cutler can't or won't play for a coach he doesn't trust. Nobody wins. If you're a Denver fan whose side do you take? The side of a new coach that has won exactly 0 games in the NFL and is f-ing up the whole organization? Or do you take the side of a young QB who's hardly John Elway, but gives you the best shot at winning? Maybe Denver never should have fired Mike Shanahan after all.

This type of stuff is why I have a really hard time liking pro sports. I mean Cutler didn't seem like such a bad guy. He's only been in the league for a couple of years, and the team completely stabbed him in the back. Hell yeah he's got a right to be pissed! But now what? The Broncos aren't getting the guy they wanted, Cassell, and Cutler can't or won't play for a coach he doesn't trust. Nobody wins. If you're a Denver fan whose side do you take? The side of a new coach that has won exactly 0 games in the NFL and is f-ing up the whole organization? Or do you take the side of a young QB who's hardly John Elway, but gives you the best shot at winning? Maybe Denver never should have fired Mike Shanahan after all.

Yep!! :) :up

Regardless, the question NOW is if your Denver....do you trade Cutler, or throw more $$$ at him to shut him up?

So far I think this new coach is a total douchebag. Since it doesn't look like Bowlen is going to get involved, this will probably not end well... even if Cutler stays, I think the resentment will always be there now.

I have this strange feeling that they will end up with someone like Quinn from Cleveland. I don't think thats a step up though.

I don't care what his problem is in Denver. We will sort that out just fine here in DETROIT! Give us a call, we have plenty of draft picks - name your price. Otherwise, the Lions will draft Stafford, personally I'd rather have the guy who was in the Pro-Bowl last season. I'm tired of projects. We have had one pro-bowl QB in my lifetime. (Greg Landry either 1971 or 1972. Bobby Lane doesn't count since I was only 2 days old when the Lions won their last championship.)

Our history of drafting QB's is not too impressive. Chuck Long, Andre Ware, Joey Harrington, etc... Mayhew has made some nice acquisitions this off season, but I still don't trust them to draft properly.

I agree, come on Denver take that number one pick off our hands!!

:up:up:up
Cutler in Hawaiian Blue and Silver please

I don't care what his problem is in Denver. We will sort that out just fine here in DETROIT! Give us a call, we have plenty of draft picks - name your price. Otherwise, the Lions will draft Stafford, personally I'd rather have the guy who was in the Pro-Bowl last season. I'm tired of projects. We have had one pro-bowl QB in my lifetime. (Greg Landry either 1971 or 1972. Bobby Lane doesn't count since I was only 2 days old when the Lions won their last championship.)

Our history of drafting QB's is not too impressive. Chuck Long, Andre Ware, Joey Harrington, etc... Mayhew has made some nice acquisitions this off season, but I still don't trust them to draft properly.

I agree, come on Denver take that number one pick off our hands!!

Cutler is NOT coming to Detroit ....period.

He would not be any happier in Detroit than he is in Denver now.
He will want to go to a GOOD team, at the very least .

Jets a possibility.
Browns and Lions also have been mentioned.
This would allow the Browns to finally make a choice between Quinn and Anderson, of course in this scenario, neither would start in Cleveland.

I think he'll stay in Denver and sulk all year, or he'll get traded to a team HE wants or at least OK's ...
He would be terrible in Detroit, he's already said he doesn't want to play there.

Jimbo

Jets a possibility.
This would allow the Browns to finally make a choice between Quinn and Anderson, of course in this scenario, neither would start in Cleveland.

I think he'll stay in Denver and sulk all year, or he'll get traded to a team HE wants or at least OK's ...
He would be terrible in Detroit, he's already said he doesn't want to play there.

Jimbo

You may be "more down" on Detroit than I am. I'd still rather have him than Stafford. I'm trying to remain optimistic about the new regime her in Detroit. Hope is all I have.

Cleo Lemon

That would be fine if it was up to him. He's not the one in charge. The coach, by default of the title, is. Nice that he has all those records, how many playoff victories has the Broncos had under Cutler? Zero. He has no credibility whatsoever. I say let him get traded, there isn't a player in this league that isn't replaceable.

Peyton Manning is replaceable, huh?

I agree about Stafford. I have seen him play numerous times. He will be a good NFL QB but not out of the box. He is not a Matt Ryan. Detroit needs defense and a QB that can get the ball to Calvin.

Unless he has a clause in his contract where he gets to pick what team he's traded to, it really doesn't matter if he gets upset if he is traded to the Lions.

Jets a possibility.

I would laugh my butt off if he becomes a Clown, all those Quinn fans will have to get new jerseys. LOL.

Jimbo

Once again I really don't think he has a choice in the matter, he wants traded, so the Broncos will get the best trade they can for them.

Cassel's strong half season doesn't equal 3 rings

No it don't. Brady would have a found a way to get them into the playoffs. But 11 wins, was still pretty impressive for a kid who had not started since high school. Or maybe it was a hell of a coaching job. Probably both. The fact remains that nobody is irreplaceable. The league just goes on, no matter who is in the jerseys.

No it don't. Brady would have a found a way to get them into the playoffs. But 11 wins, was still pretty impressive for a kid who had not started since high school. Or maybe it was a hell of a coaching job. Probably both. The fact remains that nobody is irreplaceable. The league just goes on, no matter who is in the jerseys.

While I agree Cassel did a great job filling in for Brady last season, I want to see what he can do with a not so great supporting cast.

Brady took a flotsam jetsam receiving corps to the cusp of a Super Bowl title in '06. If it wasn't for the Pats defense having a total meltdown in the second half at Indy in the AFCCG, they probably would have won another Super Bowl that year.

It would have been ugly if it were Cassel throwing to that group.

MLB.TV - any recent opinions?

have your locals posted NCAA Men's tourney games yet?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)