I figured out how to turn off HDCP encryption in my 222K

KC9TIK

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 23, 2012
Angola, IN
These settings help those who have older DVI/HDMI devices that do not support HDCP, those who have an external DVR (do not copy and distribute copyrighted content!), and eliminates my component video breakout cable of my Colossus. Actually, these aren't really settings, it just happens. Info is found in the System Diagnostics menu. I hope it stays unencrypted. I don't really think video quality improved at all over component, but at least I can remove the low quality breakout cable from the back of my computer. Next step is to fully integrate it into Windows Media Center. (The ATSC broadcast copy prevention flag hasn't officially been used since August 22, 2011) Anyways, if I want real HD, I'll watch it from the big dish. Here are the screenshots, judge for yourselves:

2012_12_17_11_22_15.bmp

2012_12_17_11_16_25.bmp

Last edited:
Try watching HBO or one of the Pay Movies Channels.

I bet then it won't work. (Unless you don't have those channels) HDCP is only enabled on certain channels, not all channels.

I was thinking about that after I posted. I tried a few channels, and I don't remember the last time I watched a premium movie channel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)