I got a new DLP tv and need some help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

bigt0169

Original poster
Jul 20, 2004
Northern VA
I just bought a new Mitsubishi WD-52525 52" HD DLP TV and I have got my antenna hooked up to the TV so far so I am watching HDTV over the air but now I want to hook up my satellite.

I have Direct TV and I need to buy a HDTV Direct TV receiver. Any Suggestions? What is good.

Also I do not have a DVI input on the back of my TV, I have got the RGB inputs and also an HDMI input. The receivers that I have been trying to look for don't have and HDMI output they all have DVI output. Can I get a DVI to HDMI cable or something?

Please help me out.

Thank you all

Yes, there are DVI to HDMI adapters and vice versa. They're about $30. I think Ram Electronics has them on their website.

Call DirecTV. Hopefully they'll give you a HD receiver for a big discount since your a current customer ;)

Don't count on any kind of discount from DirecTV.

I have been a customer for years and called to ask, i got the standard upgrade price of around $400. No special treatment for a few years of TC premier and MLB package.

Order the Hughes through ABT (has to be my favorite showroom of any electronics store)

"I just bought a new Mitsubishi WD-52525 52" HD DLP TV and I have got my antenna hooked up to the TV so far so I am watching HDTV over the air but now I want to hook up my satellite. "

I know this is an old post, but if you are still looking at this, can you help me out? I have the same TV and am wondering if there is anythign special I need to do to get OTA local channels. I had attempted an indoor antenna that gave poor reception, but I didn't know how to get to the digital channels. For instance, 4.1, 5.1, etc. Do you use a receiver or is there a way to change the channel to one of these "." channels? This tv has HD built in so I assume I don't need a receiver, just the antenna.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

You should have an abilitiy to scan for digital stations in your TV's setup

edaut677 said:
"I just bought a new Mitsubishi WD-52525 52" HD DLP TV and I have got my antenna hooked up to the TV so far so I am watching HDTV over the air but now I want to hook up my satellite. "

I know this is an old post, but if you are still looking at this, can you help me out? I have the same TV and am wondering if there is anythign special I need to do to get OTA local channels. I had attempted an indoor antenna that gave poor reception, but I didn't know how to get to the digital channels. For instance, 4.1, 5.1, etc. Do you use a receiver or is there a way to change the channel to one of these "." channels? This tv has HD built in so I assume I don't need a receiver, just the antenna.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
The last Mitsu I worked on has SEVERAL Layers of menus to look thru to get to where you need to be to scan for the digital tuner. You might even have to assign an output to the antenna before you can go that far. These sets are the most difficult to learn to set up I have worked on.

BryanSr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)