I got a used Pansat 2000v from ebay on the way. Need to know more about it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ussexplroer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 17, 2007
So I just won a Pansat 2000v from ebay with remote used. No manual and the remote from the picture looks pretty banged up. Nice black box though, I did search / visit forums and pansats website for more information. The only thing I found was firmware and the uploader. So I'll check that out.

I got this box to put on another tv since things are going so great with my other reciver. The one thing on my current receiver the satpros dsr-50 is when I scan channels from transponders it seems to remove and change the order of other channels on the system. Don't know if this is a fluke or not. But anyway with two receivers I can now do two different things.

So I'm still looking to see if this unit can do a blind transponder scan. The closet I can to was a explination of aiming the sat. Setting the lnb. Then wacthing it scan. But they didn't get specific. I know my Viacast Quantum Msr receiver says that. But you have to add the transponders in. Then it automaticly scans for channels not transponders.

As for the price of this unit. THe 2000v new I seen anywhere from like 139.00 to 239 and up. So If it works and I don't get scammed. I think I got a good deal that will show up on my doorstep next week no matter what.

Once again any info is great.

Thanks,

Josh

never heard of a Pansat 2000

I have a 1500 (blind scan) and a 2100 (no blind scan) but never heard of a 2000

edit: found it. Looks like a decent box

Viacast Quantum Msr
Have one of them too. Nice little box but not much to them. Works great on G10 :)

Last edited:
Everything I come up with avoids any language regarding it's scanning capabilities. That tells me that it's not a Blind-Scan model - otherwise they'd be touting that.

But at least it plays blackjack and slot machine games instead of those dang tetris/blocks/snake games ;)

Yes I read that

Yes I read that. But it leaves me with questions. Like select the satellite. Can I enter more in? I will have to find out and also if all I have to do is select the bird I want. Then let it go. It looks like blind scan. But I'll know for sure when I get it next week.

later,

Josh

I own a Pansat 2000v receiver. It was the first FTA receiver I got when I first got involved with the FTA hobby.
Right now I am using it with my 4DTV system to tune in with the C-Band FTA channels and it does really well.
I got the owner's manual and if one of the Satelliteguys can tell me how to upload it to this site I will be glad to do so. OR. send me a private email at my profile and leave me your email address I could try to copy it and email it to you.
Sorry to tell you, but there is no blindscan like the Pansat 2700a series. The firmware in it does have the Satellites and its TPs but to scan for any "extra" channels then you will have to go to the Lyngsat sites and write down the frequencies and program them into the 2000v and scan it that way.
Make sure you go to the Pansatusa.com website to download the latest firmware that will add more features to the 2000v.
Let me know if I can help you more and I will help you as much as possible.

FTAMan
If you have it in a PDF or zip file, when you reply there is an option that says "manage attachments"

click on that and you can upload it to the site

once again thanks for all the help

Once again thanks for the help. If you can post the manual that is cool. If not I'll just play with the receiver when it arives. If I run into a sticky spot I might ask for it then. I was also thinking now I know how the remote is trashed. THey was playing to much games on it. LOL. Hmmm, so can you add or change sats or is the list in the firmware it?

Yes when I get it. The first thing I'll hit is the pansat website. Then upload the firmware.

Also if I put a switch in to split up the single feed to both receivers. What will happen to the motor? I will only be using one receiver at a time probably.

thanks,

Josh

FTAMan
If you have it in a PDF or zip file, when you reply there is an option that says "manage attachments"

click on that and you can upload it to the site

Thanks Iceberg.
Iceberg, have you guys thought about having a thread that would have nothing but owner manuals of FTA receivers and other FTA accessaries?
If anyone buys a used FTA receiver or used SG2100 arm and don't have a owner manual for it, they would find them on Satelliteguys.
I reckon there may be a legal issue from the manufacturers? If not, then this would be a great service for the FTA guys! Maybe some of us guys could upload the manuals we have to help those who need one...

Once again thanks for the help. If you can post the manual that is cool. If not I'll just play with the receiver when it arives. If I run into a sticky spot I might ask for it then. I was also thinking now I know how the remote is trashed. THey was playing to much games on it. LOL. Hmmm, so can you add or change sats or is the list in the firmware it?

Yes when I get it. The first thing I'll hit is the pansat website. Then upload the firmware.

Also if I put a switch in to split up the single feed to both receivers. What will happen to the motor? I will only be using one receiver at a time probably.

thanks,

Josh

Like I said, the firmware already in the 2000v already have the TPs in it but you need to go to that site and download the latest one.
Make sure you get the necessary cable to be able to transfer from the computer to the 2000v. Do you know anyone near you who has a Pansat 2700a receiver that may have the cable? Let this person help you do the procedure if you have any fears of doing it.
As far as the switching question, maybe one of the Satelliteguys folks can help you there. My 2000v is tied up into the 4DTV system.
Good luck with your 2000v and keep us posted on it!

Status
Please reply by conversation.