Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I got an interesting call a few moments ago...

I was supposed to be getting 622 tommorow, however I just got a call from my contact telling me that that the 622 has been delayed because of software issues, and NO 622's will ship for at least 14 days.

I am also told they are ramping up producting and hope to have plenty of 622's available in March.

hummm to say I got an install date on the 10th scott.. that would not be nice of dish to give me an install date for a product that wont ship for 4 days later.... whats the installer going to install thin air that does mpg4?

goaliebob99 said:
hummm to say I got an install date on the 10th scott.. that would not be nice of dish to give me an install date for a product that wont ship for 4 days later.... whats the installer going to install thin air that does mpg4?

They were worried you were gonna send the Capital One commercial guys over to Dish HQ to rape and pillage, so they sent the first one off the assembly line to you ;)

Honestly, I fully expect my Feb 12th date to be rescheduled on me. Even if the 622 were in stock, they seem to have scheduling issues here in North Idaho. My last couple appointments were both rescheduled...

ronjohn said:
Maybe they will have 10,000 units on the 15th and only 240 today.
Well, it's possible.

10 chips/hour * 8 hours/day = 80 chips/day/worker

10000 chips / (80 chips/day/worker) = 125 worker days

125 worker days / 15 days = 8.333 workers

:D

For those of use that have been around, this sounds really similar to what they said about 2 years ago about their new, flagship HD PVR receiver, the 921. It was sometime in Jan 2004 that Dish said they are stopping the shipping of the 921 because of software issues (well, and some false advertising on the dishwire). Instead of a couple of weeks, it ended up being a good 4-5 months (didn't get my 921 until the end of June) and I was #1 on my retailer's list.