I got Dish today, but questions....

nickc71

Mar 6, 2008
Well I finally got my first satellite - I have the dish 622hz - and ATT sent me out the wrong modem - so I dont really have the full experience of whatever homezone is supposed to be - but I found out that I could just plug in a ethernet cable in the back and unplug the little receiver thing to get the movie and launchcast content active. Though it still cant communicate with puter for uploads of music...

After I had it installed they told me that you could only upload mp3s not wmas - but I guess I could always convert...

I have to admit I do like the movie download portion of homezone - I didnt think you could do that with dish alone and the prices are comparable to TWC on demand - but the selection is better...

What SUCKS!!!! is that the only way to search for shows on this thing is by using their very unintuitive keyboard for title searches... In other words, you can't sort upcoming shows by GENRE, CHANNEL etc. Just simply title - does the regular DISH 622 offer more in terms of that?

I didn't know that you really miss the whole Dish experience with homezone - in that you dont have the interactive channels...

Are they worth it? Has anybody ever had both Homezone then Dish alone?

Also - its seems that my TWC with the Motorola DCH3416 had a better picture any tweaks that my installer might have missed - I don't have HD - but I notice it...

Thanks all
Nick

nickc71

Mar 6, 2008
The picture is getting better. Very satisfied with the Dish portion so far. Again I ordered through AT&T.

However, the homezone - especially the online remote hasn't been working - one phone call after another. Also, the ATT Internet that was supposed to download at 3mb - is now downloading at 300k - but the Launchcast portion is nice...

The installer said a lot of people go back from homezone to just regular dish? And that there are some features that the non-homezone boxes have... Does anyone know what dual tuner box they give out if you exchange?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts