I got my 622's download... 4.03?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ekilgus

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 22, 2007
Southeast US
I noticed I got my download overnight. It is version 4.03. All seems to be OK thus far except that I'm told I now have some LMB drift which doesn't seem to be impacting anything yet. Should I be concerned about this drift? Also, does anyone know the difference between 4.02 and 4.03?

No. Don't be concerned. It's 129, most likely, and not your equipment.

I ran a check switch with no cables connected to clear the matrix . THen ran a check switch with the cables connected and it cured my check switch /lnb drift issues. Yes it is the 129 sat, but this fixed it on my two 622 dvrs.

I think in my case the lnb drift issues ARE related to the 129 sat. When ever I had the message, it was while I was running a system information check. IT would have a red X in the slot for 129 and it would say experiencing tuner losses of 3 or 4 on 1 tuner at what ever time and on the other tuner had 4 or 5 tuner losses . I am using a dish 1000.2 with the triple lnb and I got this on both of my dvrs. Clearing the matrix seemed to make it go away.

Yesterday I changed out my dish and repeaked it to get even better signals on 119 and 129 and once again I got the lnb drift issue while running a system information screen and the ReD X in the129 slot. I simply cleared the matrix again like above and then re ran with the cables connected and the problem has gone away.

Also before I did this, I noticed that when I tuned to say 366 FOXSW hd channel that is on 129 sat, I got a black screen. When I checked the strength of the 129 sat on that channel ,it would say transponder 8 /129 satellite locked , 87 strength and then it would say wrong sat in red and default to 105- which I don't have in my matrix. (NOTE THis was after I got L4.03 software.)

I was also getting all of my national hd channels off of the 61.5 side satellite dish I plugged into the triple lnb. After clearing the switch matrix etc, I reran the system information screen and all 4 sats came up green and good. I also checked channel 366 again and this time the DISH HDTV screen was up and music playing. So far no more problems with it.

I think it is all related to the wobbly satellite that is constantly changing positions in space , that is causing the lnb to detect "drift". Maybe they ought to call it "satellite drift" instead of lnb drift.

Last edited:
My LMB drift is not on 129. It's on 110 & 119 and is in the neighborhood of -5.40 for both. The E* tech said not to be concerned unless the drift exceeds 9. So far everything seems to be working OK.

Can't Record PPV to DVD with L4.03

I always record my PPV Movies to DVD using Composite or S-Video (can't remember which it uses, but it's not Component). I just received the L4.03 software today and I started to record a movie like I've done over a hundred times and my DVD Recorder gave me a message that says "Copy Protected-Can't Record". It has to be the new software since I recorded a movie just last night and now I fear it's my last one.:mad:

Has anyone else discovered this with L4.03?

Thanks,
Dan

Dan, you shouldn't post your question in EACH thread about 4.03 - actually you got some answers in other thread.

Mike, "is constantly changing positions in space" phrase is incorrect - the satellite changing orientation, so downlink antennas create a 'conus' constantly moving on Earth.

Dan, you shouldn't post your question in EACH thread about 4.03 - actually you got some answers in other thread.

Mike, "is constantly changing positions in space" phrase is incorrect - the satellite changing orientation, so downlink antennas create a 'conus' constantly moving on Earth.

Okay Smith, if you want to get specific and technical. But you get my "Drift " so to speak , about satellite drift.:D

Oh man ! :D

[no, not drifting - the sat sitting in his own spot, but rotating when shouldn't ;) - his two momentum wheels doesn't work, so they doing correction for angles by gas emitting pulses]

hmmm... I haven't noticed any drift. Of course I'm an idiot and have no idea what it is or how to check!

Besides from the PIP, HD mapdown, # key search and HD channel labeling, is there any other new features of the 4.03 release if I was coming from L366?

...Besides from the PIP, HD mapdown, # key search and HD channel labeling, is there any other new features of the 4.03 release if I was coming from L366?
The one that I'm most happy about, I haven't seen too many people mention... After watching a DVR'd program, I can now delete the event without menu screen or other button calisthenics. Just hit <stop> and select <delete>. Ahhh... so nice.

Is this a bug in 403? HD channels listed twice

Last nignt I got home from travels and noticed a different look to the guide. I usually have only HD channels + my local off air channels. But this time I see the HD letters after each channel line, OK with that, but the channel number is now in the lower hundreds for all of them. In addition, I still have the HD channel up in the 9000 range. Why do I have to have each HD channel listed twice? Are they different? Like one MP2 the other MP4? It just makes for a longer scroll through which is annoying but not something that is not serious. Mostly just curious.

Thanks for any answers on this and apologies if I posted this in the wrong thread.

After my 403 upgrade I find that the audio on ALL HD channels is lower when compared to SD channels. Even on local channels that are HD and SD. Very annoying. (I use optical audio output Dolby/pcm to my receiver)

Has anyone else seen this issue with 403?

Last nignt I got home from travels and noticed a different look to the guide. I usually have only HD channels + my local off air channels. But this time I see the HD letters after each channel line, OK with that, but the channel number is now in the lower hundreds for all of them. In addition, I still have the HD channel up in the 9000 range. Why do I have to have each HD channel listed twice? Are they different? Like one MP2 the other MP4? It just makes for a longer scroll through which is annoying but not something that is not serious. Mostly just curious.

Thanks for any answers on this and apologies if I posted this in the wrong thread.

HD and SD mapdown (controlled on the HD and locals channel display option of all places) is a standard feature of L401 and later.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)