I guess having an appointment doesn't exactly mean getting anything

glowrdr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 25, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
So I got an appointment setup for the Hopper install today from 8-12. Got a call at about 7:30 from the tech that said they don't have equipment for my install (1h/2j) but he will call me "if they get a truck today". So now I'm not even sure if I will be getting it today or not. I'm guessing that if they don't - I will have to reschedule my appointment (and I would also make the assumption that they have no next day appointments at this time)

That stuff happens all the time. It's the nature of business. At least they called to rescheduled instead making you sit and wait.

True - I guess I do have to credit them for that. One of the last oil changes I went in for, they made me wait for 3 hours while they had an oil filter delivered. Needless to say, I now call ahead and let them know I'm coming and politely ask them to have an oil filter on hand (are oil filters for an Infiniti really that uncommon? They aren't the first person to make a comment like that)

I could understand not having pallets of hardware on hand, but you would think they would at least have enough to handle the volume of calls that would be expected with a launch like this....

I scheduled my appointment for 8-12 today.

Dish's site says estimated arrival is 1:12 PM

Estimated job completion: 2h, 2m

I guess these techs run on a pretty tight schedule. I will be awaiting their arrival at 1:12 PM exactly.

I ended up calling Dish to find out about my install. They said it was confirmed with an ETA of 12:00-12:20. I ended up calling the tech directly, and he said he was still 20-25 minutes away (it's 12:50 now). He also mentioned he would have a couple of guys with for training purposes.

I breifly thought about calling Dish and asking for a service credit since I've wasted 5 hours of my workday, and the installer still isn't here. But I don't want the installer to get in trouble, and I'm hearing of the nightmares some people are having with being issued credits (as in being inelegible for upgrades at later dates). I think I'll just wait some more.

When I got my first DVR, a 501, I waited an entire day and finally called at 6:30. Dish couldn't even track down the installer. The installer called about 9:30 that evening and said he was over 2 hours away and wouldn't be coming. I was thrilled. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts