I had to put my cat Leia to sleep yesterday..:(

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

edisonprime

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
Yes, I know this is the wrong area to put this thread. Anyways, she wasn’t eating much the past couple weeks. Turns out she had a tumor. Though I’m not ready for a new cat quite yet, I don’t want my cat Luke to be lonely. I have an adoption for another cat pending and her current name is Carmen, but she is going to be renamed Leia II in Leia’s honor.

Our pets touch us in ways we never realize until they're gone. I'm sure what you did was much better than letting her suffer.

Reactions: edisonprime
I let my last two suffer until the end. I’m not sure that was the right way. Waiting so as not to be too soon ended up being too long.

I recommend you pick another name. Let the past go, and the new cat be her own without being a constant reminder of the previous cat.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

So sorry for your loss. I've been down that road. It's never easy. I swore off cats but after a few weeks of coming home to an empty house we decided to visit the shelter "just to see". Well of course we immediately got picked by a little girl who stole our hearts and now she's a loving member of our family. Rescues are the best.

I let my last two suffer until the end. I’m not sure that was the right way. Waiting so as not to be too soon ended up being too long.

I recommend you pick another name. Let the past go, and the new cat be her own without being a constant reminder of the previous cat.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys
Well, I will let the past go. The thing is, is that Leia II WILL NOT be a replacement for Leia I. Leia I is just being honored by having someone of which she is being named after. Leia II's full name will be Leia Carmen (Last Name here). I do not intend to think of her of no other identity other than her own. I am currently reading the Left Behind book series, and Buck and Chloe Williams had a baby named Kenneth Bruce Williams in it, who was named after Ken Ritz and Bruce Barnes of whom died in previous novels, but I happen to know lots of people do that in real life as well. I know a guy named DJ, which is short for David Junior, and he was named after his dad. No, I don't think that naming someone after someone else is by means to replace that individual, or to make the new individual like them, but more of a reverence to someone who is dearly loved. I will always love Leia I and Leia Carmen (of whom I will be getting at 9 am) will still be her own individual in everybody's minds. I guarantee that. But yes, I'm still grieving.

Reactions: navychop
I never know what to name the cat until I meet them. :) My oldest is a snow shoe siamese named Rowdy. (short for Clint Eastwood;) )
The next is a tuxedo cat that I acquired from the neighbor she called Jack. When she turned over his paperwork and chip ID info I found his full name to be Captain Jack. I sometimes call him Sparrow Man. ;)
The young female mostly white calico I got from another neighbor that abandoned her and I found her living under my shed :(. 9 months old, cold, starving and going into her first heat. I asked them what the cats name was and obviously they gave no thought to a name. They called her Milk. !? She is now known as Cassie May, but when she's in trouble it's Cassandra Mayhem :)

I never know what to name the cat until I meet them. :) My oldest is a snow shoe siamese named Rowdy. (short for Clint Eastwood;) )
The next is a tuxedo cat that I acquired from the neighbor she called Jack. When she turned over his paperwork and chip ID info I found his full name to be Captain Jack. I sometimes call him Sparrow Man. ;)
The young female mostly white calico I got from another neighbor that abandoned her and I found her living under my shed :(. 9 months old, cold, starving and going into her first heat. I asked them what the cats name was and obviously they gave no thought to a name. They called her Milk. !? She is now known as Cassie May, but when she's in trouble it's Cassandra Mayhem :)

I’ve met Carmen three times yesterday, and she is the sweetest thing!

So sorry for your loss Edison.

We had our first two cats for 12.5 years and 14 years respectively. The 12.5 year old was my buddy Tink who is my avatar pic. He was a Maine Coon mix and was just awesome to have. We had to have him put to sleep because he developed a rare form of heart failure and he was suffering. Our 14 year old was his companion cat Lucky and she was just a sweetheart. She was a Tortishell with a soft meow and unfortunately developed what our vet said was the worst case of arthritis in her back that partially paralyzed her. She too had to be put to sleep.

We got a sweet Russian Blue mix female after Tink passed away but she died of liver failure at just 2 years old. Her name was Stormy and she was also a sweetheart.

I totally understand the emotions you are feeling and can only give you hope that while the loss won’t go away take heart that you’ll always have her memory. I still miss the 3 we’ve had in the last 17 years.

It’s really awesome that you’re considering another rescue cat.

So sorry for your loss Edison.

We had our first two cats for 12.5 years and 14 years respectively. The 12.5 year old was my buddy Tink who is my avatar pic. He was a Maine Coon mix and was just awesome to have. We had to have him put to sleep because he developed a rare form of heart failure and he was suffering. Our 14 year old was his companion cat Lucky and she was just a sweetheart. She was a Tortishell with a soft meow and unfortunately developed what our vet said was the worst case of arthritis in her back that partially paralyzed her. She too had to be put to sleep.

We got a sweet Russian Blue mix female after Tink passed away but she died of liver failure at just 2 years old. Her name was Stormy and she was also a sweetheart.

I totally understand the emotions you are feeling and can only give you hope that while the loss won’t go away take heart that you’ll always have her memory. I still miss the 3 we’ve had in the last 17 years.

It’s really awesome that you’re considering another rescue cat.

Sorry about the late reply but I got Leia Carmen (aka Leia II) two day after Leia I passed away . I first met Leia Carmen the previous day. I actually cried about Leia I for the first time in a while (though I still constantly miss her) today.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)