I hate Dish billing dept

Spatch

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 15, 2004
Northeast, PA
3 months in a row now I had to call and have my bill straightened out. This month they added Dish Home Protection plan partial and full months. I never had this plan. Never. Also, just yesterday I called to upgrade my 811 to a 211 for $49 they asked for a credit card (check card) and took the payment from my Checking card account. Today a $49 equipment handling fee is added to my bill.
So I call tech support (so I can speak to an English speaking opperator) the woman I spoke to first says the bills were made yesterday morning and they didn't have a chance to remove the bill for $49. I told her we didn't order until 6 pm yesterday so it shouldn't have been on there in the morning. She said exactly. WTF!!! Exactly what? She said since you ordered it after the bill was made and paid for it after the bill was made, they couldn't take it off. I asked her how it got there in the first place she said "you ordered it" ..... I said "after the bill was made, so unless you could see into the future there isn't a reason for it to be there". She said um a couple times and asked me to hold.
She came back and said not to worry about the $49 it will be taken off. Ok, now we are getting somewhere. I then ask her about the protection plan Her reply " I don't see that anywhere on your bill". I ask her the read off all my charges and Four charges in she says Home Protection Plan. I politely tell her I never order it, I didn't have it last month, Why is it there? She tells me She doesn't know she will have it removed.
I then ask her to tell me the total of my bill. She asks me to hold she needs to figure it out. She comes back and tells me $94.95 before tax $113.45 after Tax. Again WTF!!! That is like 19% tax she says yes you live in PA.
At this point I have had enough I ask to be taken off of credit card autopay. Just send me a bill with all my charges I will fight it before I pay it.

Spatch said:
So I call tech support (so I can speak to an English speaking opperator)
OK One problem is that the tech support are supposed to be "universal agents" however, if you dealt with tech calls all day and one guy calls with a billing question, all they really can do read what is on the screen, which is what is on your bill.

As far as that warranty....it must have been added by someone...you should ask how it was added....by Dish Home, dishnetwork.com , or CSR and when it was added....they just don't go around adding stuff just to do it.

Well, I've tried calling the billing dept and all I get is some foreigner who can barely speak English let alone read it. They are probably the ones who screwed it up in the first place.
I have to now call the tech support line just to get someone who can understand what I am saying.
The last two times that I called the tech support they were helpfull and resolved the problems at hand.

As far as that warranty....it must have been added by someone...you should ask how it was added....by Dish Home, dishnetwork.com , or CSR and when it was added....they just don't go around adding stuff just to do it.
Sounds to me like Spatch's DHA commitment just finished, and the free DHPP given for the commitment time is now being charged for.

Look at the earlier bills and you should see a DHPP charge AND DHPP credit.

Read my other post's. The billing dept is full of unprofessional airheads. Write and complain to a ceo. At least they understand English ! Also get the person in the billing depts name and id number.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts