Status
Please reply by conversation.

aquaman67

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 29, 2005
Tennessee
Background.

If you look at my avatar, that’s me in Iraq. See the trailer behind me with the big spool on it? That’s fiber optic cable. That’s what I did while I was in Iraq for a year, install fiber optic cable.

When I upgraded to a 625 Dish wouldn’t let me install it myself. But I ran all the cables so all the installer had to do was plug the box in. I have two other 311s in the kids rooms all on a quad lnb.

Here’s my rant.

The 625 is in dual mode, with 1 tv in the living room and 1 in the master bed room.
The wife’s not home and I want to watch TV in our bedroom. Something she doesn’t like to do. Anyway, turn on the TV and it has the “I’m looking for satellites” screen. And it’s not finding anything.

So I wait and wait….nothing.

Go back into the living room. I do a check switch because I can’t think of anything else to do.

Now it can’t find the input to sat 2. I switch cables at the back of the box and do it again. This time it’s sat 1 it can’t find. I’m thinking either my quad lnb got fried (we had a big storm a few days ago) or the cables are bad. I played with this for TWO HOURS until my wife got home.

Get off work today and start to look at things again. I look at the grounding block and notice one of the wires looks a little dodgy. I unhook it and check all other tvs. Sure enough it’s the cable to the input that’s out. The inside of the F connector is covered in rust! The copper wire is black and falls off in my hand.
During the install, installer insisted that he change my grounding blocks and my F connectors, the one's I just put in. I didn’t want him to. Now I have to re-do what he did back to the way I had it in the first place.

Thanks Dish installer… I’ll enjoy redoing all your awesome work.

Background.

If you look at my avatar, that’s me in Iraq. See the trailer behind me with the big spool on it? That’s fiber optic cable. That’s what I did while I was in Iraq for a year, install fiber optic cable.

When I upgraded to a 625 Dish wouldn’t let me install it myself. But I ran all the cables so all the installer had to do was plug the box in. I have two other 311s in the kids rooms all on a quad lnb.

Here’s my rant.

The 625 is in dual mode, with 1 tv in the living room and 1 in the master bed room.
The wife’s not home and I want to watch TV in our bedroom. Something she doesn’t like to do. Anyway, turn on the TV and it has the “I’m looking for satellites” screen. And it’s not finding anything.

Go back into the living room. I do a check switch because I can’t think of anything else to do.

Now it can’t find the input to sat 2. I switch cables at the back of the box and do it again. This time it’s sat 1 it can’t find. I’m thinking either my quad lnb got fried (we had a big storm a few days ago) or the cables are bad. I played with this for TWO HOURS until my wife got home.

Get off work today and start to look at things again. I look at the grounding block and notice one of the wires looks a little dodgy. I unhook it and check all other tvs. Sure enough it’s the cable to the input that’s out. The inside of the F connector is covered in rust! The copper wire is black and falls off in my hand.
During the install, installer insisted that he change my grounding blocks and my F connectors, the one's I just put in. I didn’t want him to. Now I have to re-do what he did back to the way I had it in the first place.

Thank you for your service to the country.
Now, you probably hate THAT particular installer. Not all of us.

You really ought to have Directv installed and do the same thing, that way you can balance out your 'chi' by hating equally on both sides...

Sounds like it's a problem with an individual person rather than a general statement of "Dish Installers". If that's true, you must have a lot of hate to spread around to hate Dish Installers - methinks you might mean something else.

Too bad they don't let you do more yourself, especially on your own home. It's annoying.

....yea sorry you had an unfortunate case. As installers did you ever think that maybe we need to change your connectors and ground block because it is company policy that we must?

I have seen several GI's put on trail and convicted of killing Iraq civilians. I guess that we could say that we hate all Gi's since a very small minority of them are convicted killers. Wouldn't that be the same as you hating all Dish installers.?

The man spent time in Iraq defending your freedoms and that's all you have to say to him? WTF is wrong with you and this country? On the anniversary of the most horrific day in our nation's history, you run your fat mouth like that? Did you stop to think before you spoke? I will not tolerate anyone who isn't grateful and thankful to our troops for the scacrifices they make on a daily basis. Do you remember when your child spoke his first word? Where you there when your child scored the winning touchdown? When your wife has had a bad day and needs a shoulder to cry on, are you able to be there and tell her everything is going to be ok?

You sir, should be strapped to the underside of a B-2 and dropped somewhere over the Middle East. You make me sick.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where did all the pinkos suddenly come from?
They're quasi-pinkos. They hate everything about this country and the military till they need them to serve their purpose. Same kind of asses that cry about the need for gun control. Guns are bad, till someone breaks into their house and rapes their wife, and they're forced to grow a set of balls and take action.

Background.

Here’s my rant.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience with an installer. Let me assure you, every install is different. I've had nothing but good installs.

Most importantly, I would like to thank you for your commitment and sacrifices you have made in defending and serving our great country.

Eight years ago, all hell broke loose. I, like millions, watched helplessly, and wondered what is next? Patriotism soared. Many joined the military. Flags were flying. Chants of U-S-A filled baseball stadiums. The President gave very patriotic speeches and let those responsible know that "Soon they will be hearing from us".

Eight years later, it's like it never happened. People have forgotten and have chosen to ignore.

I've not forgotten. My flag flies high in my front yard. If I see a veteran, I shake his hand. If he has a story to tell, I listen. There's no greater sacrifice than giving your life in the service of your country.

I have seen several GI's put on trail and convicted of killing Iraq civilians. I guess that we could say that we hate all Gi's since a very small minority of them are convicted killers. Wouldn't that be the same as you hating all Dish installers.?

Umm..Out of line....Enough of that now.

Um, no, Killing people is not the same as doing bad installs. WTF world do you live in?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)