Status
Not open for further replies.

Stargazer

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Western WV
After seeing a "I love this time of the year" thread how about a "I hate this time of the year thread? Why not? I am sure there are plenty of people that would love to voice their displeasure about what this time of the year brings such as mosquitos, tornado's, hurricanes, floods, drought, fires, etc. while in the winter it would be about the ice storms, snow storms, freezing weather, etc.

What I love about this time of year: TV series season finales (usually the best episodes of the season).

What I hate about this time of year: TV series season finales (nothing but reruns until September). Oh yeah, and no more Bulls games until November.

This time of year, I always end up having to diagnose and replace random pieces of equipment at customer sites due to lightning damage.

Tree pollen is high right now and giving us a hard time so I hate that, the temperature roller coaster where its 90 today and 55 tomorrow, insects infiltrating your home looking for food and water, rats are the same, the water is still to cold at the beach, one day its nice and comfortable and the following day you swear someone turned the Atlantic ocean into a fine mist and dumped it over your neighborhood, all the hood rats and gangbanger wannabe's are coming out of the wood work.

Love this time of year. Not to crazy about the pollen, but love getting outside after being shut in for the last 6 months.

Amen brother. After being locked in the house from the cold, dreary and snowy weather, not to mention it getting dark after 5pm, what the hell is to complain about now?! This is the greatest time of the season! It's warmer. The sun comes up at 7am and sets at 8-9pm! I love it.

Love this time of year. Not to crazy about the pollen, but love getting outside after being shut in for the last 6 months.

Amen brother. After being locked in the house from the cold, dreary and snowy weather, not to mention it getting dark after 5pm, what the hell is to complain about now?! This is the greatest time of the season! It's warmer. The sun comes up at 7am and sets at 8-9pm! I love it.

:up:up:up

Pollen doesn't bother me.

Love hot weather, I hate the cold. Time to go to Kennywood soon.

It's been raining since early AM so while I was sleeping after getting off from the midnight shift it rained steadily and heavily at times. My wife woke me up at 4pm to tell me that the street was flooding and that I needed to move the van. I walked out the door and the water was up to the bottom of the bumper so I had to wade out to the van barefoot and move it up the street about 60ft to where its not flooding. The streets flooding because the four storm drains two houses up at the corner were poorly designed and floods easily which is why the street is 2 inches away from being completely covered despite the high hump in the middle of it and now the front yard is close to flooding on top of the heavy saturation its already got.

I didn't think I would have to add anything to this post for a while but now I do. We got some big storms here yesterday and a lightening bolt struck very very closeby. My television shut off by itself (the others in the house didn't). Thankfully I was able to turn it back on so maybe it had some type of protective circuit. It did not appear that any of my satellite equipment or computers were damaged. The post office we live close to had its alarm going off like crazy and the postmaster went there to reset it very quickly. I know that close by strike caused that to happen bc that happened at the same time my tv went off.

Today I went to get on my Dell laptop and the modem will not work now. I guess it could have been much worse. Now I have to figure out if it is the modem that is damaged or if it damaged the port it goes into as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)