Status
Not open for further replies.

N5XZS

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 23, 2005
Albuquerque, NM, USA
Hello SatelliteGuys.US,

I have a weard access problem, I can't get into MPEG2/Free to Air Discussion, but I have no problem on any other forums on your website incuding my fav, FTA/MPEG2 What's up there?

When I try go to MPEG2/Free to Air discussion and they say it's 502 error.

Any ideas to fix this problem?:confused:

Thanks!!

73's from,
Timothy Johnson N5XZS

It's all ready bookmarked on my AOL browser, and still don't work but MPEG2 WUT still work fine and I use the website's links to other forums execpt for FTA discussion is still missing due to a 502 error.

Ahh, AOL, you _may_ be seeing a proxy related error (as AOL uses proxies, it is possible that earlier in the day, someone on AOL using the same edge cache as you (possibly maybe even you) requested that page, and got the 502 while Scott and LER were working on the site, AOL is caching this 502 page (because it probably doesn't have a nocache meta, or it has one and AOL is ignoring it) instead of getting the new (working) one. (this is only a educated guess though).

If this is the case, it will clear up next time it flushes that stale data.

You could try and clear all your browsers cache, reboot the computer, redial to get a new ip (if appropos).

Probably had something to do with all the rebuilding we did today of Apache, Mysql and PHP. :)

Glad its working now, I just got home and am very happy with the speed. :D

N5XZS said:
Thanks anyway for some reason it's came back to normal.......:up

AOLs cache probably expired the data, thereby allowing you access to a updated (working) copy of that page. (or see my other post below)

Glad it works for you now. :)

Last edited:
Scott Greczkowski said:
Probably had something to do with all the rebuilding we did today of Apache, Mysql and PHP. :)

Glad its working now, I just got home and am very happy with the speed. :D

It was a 502 error, on apache it means Overload, knowing your system is more than apt in beef, I don't think that was an error from SG, I think it was AOLs cache server, because error 502 for them means 'Bad Gateway', usually accompanied with some additional text like "The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server", since they round robin through many caches, he may have gotten redirected to one that was having issues, in which case, he wasn't getting a stale page, but rather a round robin pointer to a ailing cache proxy, when the TTL on the DNS expired for him, he got a new cache.

I know, it's academic. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)