I have finally figured out what SOON means

cjwct

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 2, 2006
Glastonbury, CT
I recently decided to e-mail ceo@echostar instead of posting yet another complaint about when will new HD be added. I am wavering back and forth on Dish, but it seems that the future looks bleak. Anyway's here is the e-mail I sent to them, and the reply I received (granted I understand that you always can get several answers to a single question at any given time with Dish, but this answer does not provide a positive outlook):

To Whom It May Concern,

First and foremost, let me state that I rarely complain. In fact, I stayed with your company during the first year I signed up even though there were constant problems with my satellites and receivers, but I stuck through it, feeling your company would take off in the HD world.

Secondly, recently there have been rumblings and grumblings about Dish adding more HD, but with the AMC-14 Satellite problems and yet another passing week of no additional HD Channels, I am wondering why should I continue with your company? My neighbors, in Glastonbury, CT (Hartford DMA), have enjoyed locals in HD for over a year now, and I still do not even have my locals. In fact, in your latest Charlie Chat, Hartford, CT appeared and then disappeared on the upcoming cities for locals in HD. ESPNNEWS, SCI FI, USA are all in HD and are all available on DIRECTTV. It seems they should changes their name to PROGRESSSIVETV because thy are progressive in HD Channels.

I do not know if you will or will not respond to this email, but I have been speaking with many DISH customers who have moved over to DirectTV and have not regretted a second of it. Can you provide me with any additional info on HD's rather than the usual canned DISH answer that channels will be coming "SOON."

THE REPLY:

Thank you for your email. We understand your concerns. Specific information regarding your request for more HD channels is not currently available. We would like to add that channel, to make viewers like you happy, but we do not know if or when this will happen. We will gladly forward your request to our Programming Department for further consideration.

We thank you for your input as we continually review our options in order to provide a compelling lineup for our viewers. Please stay tuned for consumer Charlie Chats that are broadcast monthly on Channel 101 or logon to our website for future programming announcements.

Your business is greatly appreciated and we thank you for allowing us to be of assistance to you. If you have any further questions or concerns, please refer to DISH Network -- Home or reply to this email.

NEED I SAY MORE?

I recently decided to e-mail ceo@echostar instead of posting yet another complaint about when will new HD be added. I am wavering back and forth on Dish, but it seems that the future looks bleak. Anyway's here is the e-mail I sent to them, and the reply I received (granted I understand that you always can get several answers to a single question at any given time with Dish, but this answer does not provide a positive outlook):

To Whom It May Concern,

First and foremost, let me state that I rarely complain. In fact, I stayed with your company during the first year I signed up even though there were constant problems with my satellites and receivers, but I stuck through it, feeling your company would take off in the HD world.

Secondly, recently there have been rumblings and grumblings about Dish adding more HD, but with the AMC-14 Satellite problems and yet another passing week of no additional HD Channels, I am wondering why should I continue with your company? My neighbors, in Glastonbury, CT (Hartford DMA), have enjoyed locals in HD for over a year now, and I still do not even have my locals. In fact, in your latest Charlie Chat, Hartford, CT appeared and then disappeared on the upcoming cities for locals in HD. ESPNNEWS, SCI FI, USA are all in HD and are all available on DIRECTTV. It seems they should changes their name to PROGRESSSIVETV because thy are progressive in HD Channels.

I do not know if you will or will not respond to this email, but I have been speaking with many DISH customers who have moved over to DirectTV and have not regretted a second of it. Can you provide me with any additional info on HD's rather than the usual canned DISH answer that channels will be coming "SOON."

THE REPLY:

Thank you for your email. We understand your concerns. Specific information regarding your request for more HD channels is not currently available. We would like to add that channel, to make viewers like you happy, but we do not know if or when this will happen. We will gladly forward your request to our Programming Department for further consideration.

We thank you for your input as we continually review our options in order to provide a compelling lineup for our viewers. Please stay tuned for consumer Charlie Chats that are broadcast monthly on Channel 101 or logon to our website for future programming announcements.

Your business is greatly appreciated and we thank you for allowing us to be of assistance to you. If you have any further questions or concerns, please refer to DISH Network -- Home or reply to this email.

NEED I SAY MORE?
Say more, you didn't say anything! :confused:

No rep, whether phone rep or email rep, can tell you something that is not publicly announced. They could be prosecuted under federal SEC regulations, since that email would give you inside information.

SciFi-HD and USA-HD were just uplinked to 110 a few days ago, so it seems possible that they may be made available this coming week.

Your locals are harder to predict...

I meant NEED I SAY MORE sarcastically!
i knew that. You got the standard email reply. I got one just like somewhere. I've got my locals OTA and "SOON" from Dish, which if it happens will be nice. we will get some HD sooner than later, i'm laughing as i type:), what does later mean to dish

Not a big fan of those channels, but if that is the case, where are they? They know fans want something, anything . . .at least a glimmer of hope!

USA and SCIFI HD have actually been Uplinked to 110 for quite a while now. Not a few days ago :)
I know what you mean Bob. The channels slots were uplinked in December. But what he means is there were slates on those channel slots up until last week. So he is saying the channels themselves have only been up on the satellite (not just slates) for a little while.

As to the response, it's a glass half empty (pessimist), glass half full (optimist), glass twice as big as it needs to be (realist) type of situation.

The response did not say anything positive. It did not say anything negative. It really only said what they always say: NOTHING! Any other meaning comes for our own perspective. :)

See ya
Tony

When is Action MaxHD and 5 StarMaxHD coming to E*. That would be smart and fantasic for me. Smart because D* doesn't even carry those,and that would make it an E* exclusive." And they are being broadcast in HD as we speak" So E* heres 2 channels I would love and you could do it!

I really wish I knew what it would take because I would be the first to do it! Obviously the loss of business by defectors is not making them get off their arses!

honestly, I don't think they've lost as many customers as it seems like in the satellite forums! I mean think about it, Most E* customer and D* customer, most likly don't have a clue about what either or offer. They are happy with what they have,or had for years. Only a fraction of D* and E* customers even visit ,or even heard of Satellite guys,and DBS Talk. and these are the ones you hear over and over! Starting a nation wide poll would be the only half way accurate way to tell for sure who's dropping E* for HD programming elsewhere.

honestly, I don't think they've lost as many customers as it seems like in the satellite forums! I mean think about it, Most E* customer and D* customer, most likly don't have a clue about what either or offer. They are happy with what they have,or had for years. Only a fraction of D* and E* customers even visit ,or even heard of Satellite guys,and DBS Talk. and these are the ones you hear over and over! Starting a nation wide poll would be the only half way accurate way to tell for sure who's dropping E* for HD programming elsewhere.
Yup, we're just a bunch of tv geeks, pathetic but passionate.

I have been a long time reader of this forum and a 10+year Dish Network subscriber As of Friday 4/11/08 I nolonger get my tv from Dish I subscribe no to local cable and Get much more bang for the buck It was a hard decision to make,but with the foot dragging that has been going on with the addition of new HD programing,or lack of it We finally decided to make the switch Our local cable co has made many improvments over the years and now has a very good package So I am one that has left due to no new HD I will continue to brouse this site as I do enjoy reading the posts Good luck and good bye for now:up

We finally decided to make the switch Our local cable co has made many improvments over the years and now has a very good package So I am one that has left due to no new HD

So you went to cable because of the lack of HD but cable has less HD then Dish. :confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts