I have had it with the HR22

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jappleboy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 20, 2006
My HR22 is slow:mad:and i see that i am not the only one.Can not wait tell the new HR24-500 come out.Who do you think will be the first to sell them. Best buy is still selling the HR22. And D will never give you a up front answer on the model numbers they have.

It will be awhile before you can get your hands on a HR24, as they are intending the box for new customers as they require a new switch or DECA support.

Don't be disappointed if you can't get your hands on one for awhile, I am sure they are going to be hot commodities! :)

It will be awhile before you can get your hands on a HR24, as they are intending the box for new customers as they require a new switch or DECA support.

Don't be disappointed if you can't get your hands on one for awhile, I am sure they are going to be hot commodities! :)

To clearify, they don't require a new switch, they'll work in a non-SWiM environment, just need to use BBC's again. Also you don't need DECA to network, the ethernet port overrides the internal DECA hardware if the box detects an ethernet connection.

That said, the main purpose for them is for folks wanting the 'Connected Home' setup from DirecTV so as Scott said it may be awhile before they show up in the retailer chain.

The OP must have never used the hr10-250(before the update) or a 20 HD hour moto DVR from the cable co, if he's that frustrated.

To clearify, they don't require a new switch, they'll work in a non-SWiM environment, just need to use BBC's again. Also you don't need DECA to network, the ethernet port overrides the internal DECA hardware if the box detects an ethernet connection.

That said, the main purpose for them is for folks wanting the 'Connected Home' setup from DirecTV so as Scott said it may be awhile before they show up in the retailer chain.

I have a feeling that you won't be seeing them at any typical stores (BB type) as it seems that D* is getting out of the retail line for distribution of boxes.
At least that was the idea I got from reports earlier in the year.

My HR22 is slow:mad:and i see that i am not the only one.Can not wait tell the new HR24-500 come out.Who do you think will be the first to sell them. Best buy is still selling the HR22. And D will never give you a up front answer on the model numbers they have.

I don't know if it will help but are HR22 was incredibly slow until I switched it to RF remote. Made a noticeable difference for us. Still slower than I want it to be. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)