I have lost VOOM service!!!

mattyro

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Apr 19, 2004
its 334am est and I have no VOOM service--my signal strength is in the 40's and my stb thinks it is wednesday , dec 7th,at 7pm!! It seems like every time they add a channel, theres a problem. :no

I will see if a reboot helps, but I am not enthusiastic.

Me too. At least I know its not my system that is screwed up. Makes me wonder whats up, my signal is in the 40s too. It was perfect just minutes before the blackout.

--Dan
mattyro said:
its 334am est and I have no VOOM service--my signal strength is in the 40's and my stb thinks it is wednesday , dec 7th,at 7pm!! It seems like every time they add a channel, theres a problem. :no

All of the Sat channels disappeared last night for about 40 minutes. Good signal strength 84, but SNR was very low. The signal quality dropped to under 40. I rebooted the box several times, but the signal showed up again on it's own 40 minutes after it left.

Could have been caused by the heavy rain last night and early this morning on the East coast. Has happened in the past as others have described.

Hey my SNR strength has been low for atleast a week or so now. Its been in the 50's for satellite SNR. And my signal strenth is 96 for Satellite and 99 for OTA. OTA SNR strength is like 65-70 higher than the satellite snr strength. Weird stuff, and my picture on most of my high def channels seem kinda soft. I think i am going to play with the DVI cable once again and see if possibly the DVI cable might be the cable of choice after voom's new updates.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)