I have two dish 322 receivers. One is having problems. Can I swap them to test if there is a prob

ms789

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
socal
I have 2 dish 322 receivers and 4 tv's total.
One receiver is upstairs, one is downstairs.
The one downstairs is working fine.
The one upstairs is having some "complete signal loss" and "channel signal loss" problems.
I don't know if the upstairs receiver is defective or if it's something else causing the signal loss.
Can I swap the 2 receivers by myself to test if the upstairs receiver is bad?
If I swap the 2 receivers, will I have to set them up or will things work right away without setting up?
I am afraid that if I swap the receivers then they will require complicated set ups that I can't do on my own and my family will be without any tv until a tech comes and fixes things.

I forgot to explain the problem in more detail in case someone might know what is wrong.
The two tv's upstairs work sometimes but get the "complete signal loss" and "channel signal loss" everyday, many times throughout the day.
When I get a signal loss, I will go to menu and press 6-1-3.
Sometimes I will get 2 green boxes on 119 and 110, sometimes I will get 2 red boxes. What might be the cause? The receiver or something else?
Also, I noticed the past couple days that the signal loss problem get worse in the morning after the sun comes up.

You can swap the receivers without any problems. Check the signal strength on the downstairs TVs. If the signal strength is low then you need to align your dish. If the signal strength is good then you have probably bad coax cables upstairs or the LNB is bad.

Last edited:
If one receiver has the issue and not the other then it would not be due to alignment issues at the dish. It is either the receiver, coax or a connection between the receiver and the lnb.

If you swap receivers and see the same issues at the same locations then the problem is in the coax or connection. If you swap receivers and see the issue follow the receiver then the issue is in the receiver itself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts