I hit a milestone today----I paid off the mortgage

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter Parker

Formerly Geronimo
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 9, 2003
As the title indicates I paid the darned thing off. It was 7 years early but I refied twice and used equity to do things like send kids to college and the whole process took 20 years. I still have a car loan but at 1.79% it is at a lower rate than the mortgage (even considering taxes)

After that is paid off (I predict November) the wife gets a car and we redo the kitchen. Clearly I will not be debt free forever but Ia m enjoying this payoff while I can.

Congratulations Chief! I doubt that I will ever get there but it's cool to hear that others do......

Congrats! Now you are officially the homeowner!

Sent from my iPad 3 using SatelliteGuys

Good job!

Don't forget to keep saving up to pay your property taxes... Don't let them foreclose because of that. It happens more than you'd think.

Good job!

Don't forget to keep saving up to pay your property taxes... Don't let them foreclose because of that. It happens more than you'd think.

When I get my escrow check in another 1-2 weeks that will be the foundation of my own private escrow. Although my county offers montly payments of my property tax if I choose to go that way.

Thankfully my property taxes are low, less than $500 a year. If it came down to it I could peddle some junk at the flea markets in a couple of weekends to cover it.

Congratulations Geronimo, I'm sure it's a great feeling.

My mortgage has about 10 years left. It would have been paid off long ago if we didn't refinance 2x in the past 20 yrs. I won't ever buy another old house that needs everything. :rolleyes: Thankfully it's done, at least as much as I plan on doing to it.

Congrats!! Looking forward to that myself. I got 22 more payments, if I don't get greedy and pay it quicker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)