I Just need to clear the air!!!!!!!!!!

zbhsmith

Original poster
Jul 23, 2012
Dadeville, AL
Do two hoppers on the same account see each other and can you view from one hopper the other hoppers recordings. I just had a second hopper installed and it does not see anything. Can someone please help me understand what the two hoppers can and can not do. Thanks

Turn bridging on. There are posts here explaining how.

Assumes you have no isolators.

Do two hoppers on the same account see each other and can you view from one hopper the other hoppers recordings. I just had a second hopper installed and it does not see anything. Can someone please help me understand what the two hoppers can and can not do. Thanks

I have 2 hoppers and I can view and watch the shows recorded from each of them. If you just had another hopper installed, they may have added another solo node instead of a dual which would explain why you can't see each unit. Also if isolators were installed you would not be able see the other unit.

Stolen from Poke here, post 121, regarding turning bridging on:

The default setting has been set to disabled. You can turn it back on. Here are the steps on how to do this.

Yellow Hot Key
Select Network
Select Broadband
Select MoCA from drop down
Blue Hot Key twice.

Let us know if this works for you. And :welcome to SatGuys!

I have a duo node, I turned bridging on both hoppers, They can see each other under the whole home setup but can not link or see any of the recordings

Are you saying you tried to enable bridging status and it stayed disabled?

Hic is connected in line with the first hopper if that makes a difference. The tech used a tap to connect the hic.

Hmmm. That might be the problem, but I'm really not sure since I have not moved to H/J yet.

Perhaps someone more knowledgeable than I will be along shortly.

It worked I unhooked the HIC and it worked Fine. I looked at the setup for the hic. I has to be run through a joey for a duo node setup. in order for the hoppers to see each other. Thanks for your help

It worked I unhooked the HIC and it worked Fine. I looked at the setup for the hic. I has to be run through a joey for a duo node setup. in order for the hoppers to see each other. Thanks for your help

Yeah HIC should not be the issue sounds like something some where else is not setup right.. How many Hoppers and Joey's do you have??

Per the diagrams in post 13, above, the HIC can connect to a tap that is also connected to a Hopper. Is this Joey only rule something new?

If you are using a HIC, you DO NOT need bridging enabled. Turn it off. Make sure the HIC is the only ethernet connection.

Bridging has nothing to do with Hoppers seeing each other.

If all the cable is to spec, using a HIC with a tap should be OK with a duo node. Are you sure your tap is a tap and not an isolator?

Are both boxes on the same software version?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts