I keep getting annoying phone calls and letters from DishNetwork that my equipment is out of date.

TheForce

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2003
Jacksonville, FL, Earth
Since the first of the year I keep getting automated calls that I need to schedule to have my "equipment swapped" because it will be unable to receive all the channels I an capable of receiving.
I called them back and they said I am using an old receiver with an HD account. I told them I had a 722 and a 722K so they said they updated my account. A few weeks goes by and I get more letters and phone calls and I call then with the code and they say my equipment is out of date and need to schedule to have it updated. So we go through this again and the CSR says they update my account with the correct info. But after 2 more weeks I get letters and phone calls again with the same nonsense. Again I verify that I have a 722 and a 722K, but this time I was told that my dish is pointed in the wrong direction. How the F... do they know what direction my dish is pointed. So I told her I have the 1000 HD dish and it is pointed at 72.7, 77 and 61.5. She said her screen says I'm pointed at 110 and 119. So she says I need to schedule a tech to come out and remove my 1000 HD and install a new one to receive 77, 72.7 and 61.5. I told her I already have one pointed at those angles and I get all the channels I want, fine. She told me I wasn't getting the right channels because Dish now has over 200 HD channels and I may be missing some. I told her I don't watch 200 HD channels, only a few I like, and they come in fine. Then she said if I don't get a 1000.HD dish my service would be shut off. I said, we'll see. For now I will just ignore the calls and letters, that I've wasted enough time on this matter and hung up. So, I suppose I have a nastygram on my account screen now.

I swear, I really like Dish Network but they hire some of the dumbest CSR's on the planet. They don't listen, They can't fix real problems, and they harass the customers when no problem exists! Once in a great while I get a good one who actually sounds like they know their job. It's about a 20 to 1 ratio of bad to good. I believe that the real reason Dish has been losing subscribers over the past year is not due to programming and rates but because the CSR's just annoy and insult the customers.

That's funny, because a year ago I had the opposite problem. I had the two-dish setup and wanted to switch to EA. I called and was told that in their system I was all set because I already had the 1K4 dish. They made me go to the System Info screen to verify what sats I had, and even then didn't sound convinced.

I got switched, it's just that that call took a lot longer than it should have...

dfergie said:
Don, catch the Dish support guys this afternoon, they can straighten things out...

Yeah problem is most likely that the agents are told to not mess with the orbital slots and you just don't get one that will. The DIRT can definitely help with that I'm sure.

Thanks Matt- Been traveling today but I just saw a PM from Mary and gave her the info. Somebody called from Dish earlier today but I was boarding a plane and had to shut the phone down.

Just got the PM from maryb@dishnetwork.com and she claims she saw the errors on my account that was generating the mailings and phone calls and fixed them. Hopefully this can be considered a case closed.

Nice we have Dish reps on satelliteguys now who stay in the front lines of fire and can fix these problems when traditional CSR continues to fall down on the job.

Charlie should give them a raise. :) Thanks Maryb and matt too for being here.