I know I’m nitpicking, but why do so many people type “alot” when...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Just don't blast into work with 80% of your co-workers being Hispanic after you follow a truck to work with finger written words in the grime on the roll up rear door.
What would remind you of when mom or grandma finger flipped you on the back of an ear lobe when you screwed up as a tyke Definitely (nope, not definately) does NOT equate to "mama la pinga".
Yeah. I did that once. Oopsie!
Then I started learning Spanglish. Jes I Deed! Siiiii.

Definitely (nope, not definately) does NOT equate to "mama la pinga". Yeah. I did that once. Oopsie!
Wow. You probably got much worse than a flip of your ear lobe!

That reminds me... I worked with some working-class Hispanics back in the 70's, and they used to use the Spanish for M-F all the time. Anglos used to punctuate their sentences with the F word. Sometimes whole sentences consisted of nothing but F! Both needed bigger vocabularies IMHO.

Up ere in northwest pa. we call a creek a crick. a coke a bottle of pop, and refer to using your truck to haul a load. When I visited my brother in NC. I tryed to buy a bottle of pop and the store worker did not know what I wanted till my brother told him I wanted a soda. When you haul something in your truck they say they are going to carry something in the truck. A relative from Arkansas got a big laugh out of me calling a creek a crick . So I guess it depens where you live what word you use. Another word we use is we call pittsburg piksburg.

Reactions: TheKrell
Up ere in northwest pa. we call a creek a crick. a coke a bottle of pop, and refer to using your truck to haul a load. When I visited my brother in NC. I tryed to buy a bottle of pop and the store worker did not know what I wanted till my brother told him I wanted a soda. When you haul something in your truck they say they are going to carry something in the truck. A relative from Arkansas got a big laugh out of me calling a creek a crick . So I guess it depens where you live what word you use. Another word we use is we call pittsburg piksburg.
Pburgh: Yuns for you people, or folks.
Side hill.
Leeks!! (yuck) eat some before school and they send you home.
Crik...definitely.
A road is Route (rowt, not root).
If your sled gets low on gas. Stop at a farmers home and ask if you can buy a gallon off of him. And a splash of 2 stroke oil.
A 1/4 keg and burgers will get your house painted. As long as the music's good.
There's a township named Abbott with a town called Costello.
Go to the court house to the Sheriffs office. Grab a form, fill it out. Check every box. Pay 20 bucks. Get your photo taken. Everyone carries. Nobody gets shot.
It's a can or bottle of pop.
It's a Hoagie, not a sub. But it's still Subway. Go figure.
The staties love moonshine. "Hey, here's a 20 for gas...glad you stopped by". But don't get caught with a seed in the carpet of the Ford.
Appalachia, gotta' love it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)