I know we have the attention span of a newt, but this is ridiculous

OMG, this will never happen, hopefully ...

They have so many different time frames involved in this article that the Umps will if they chose to call these the way they are printed, would never get to the game.

Also, I can see the commercials lasting longer than that in many instances.

Right -- can just see umps waiting for New York to take a long look at the clock, as well as stadium announement: "Please add two-tenths of a second to the clock."

Let baseball be baseball!

They announced this a while back. MLB has cut their time between innings down and also you can't take both feet out of the box once you step in.

Reactions: madmadworld
It would also help speed up the game if the Umps didn't make themselves out to be the Stars of the game .... we're not coming to games to see the Umps put on a show.
The best games are when you dont know who Umped that day.

Having played baseball for a long time, Umps are integral to the game. Besides they're role, there's a lot of in-game camaraderie between players and umps...along w/ the occasional heated debate.

IMO, its one of the best jobs ever... winters off and spending your summer nights in a ball park.

It would also help speed up the game if the Umps didn't make themselves out to be the Stars of the game ....

Like any other sports referees, they too can get caught up in the game. Ask any ump which game they rather be in... Game 7 of the WS or first game of the season...

Like any other sports referees, they too can get caught up in the game. Ask any ump which game they rather be in... Game 7 of the WS or first game of the season...
Played.
actually paid to watch many games and i always wondered coming into a game where the strike zone would be today. sorry blacksmith times change.

It can be a real grind for umpires, more so than the players. When it's 100 degrees out on the field, the umps have to stay out there -- they can't escape into an air-conditioned clubhouse. They're also traveling every three or four days, unlike the players, who enjoy 10-game home stands. Plus, the umps, while paid better than most Americans, don't get anywhere near the MLB player minimum of a half a million dollars or so.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)