I like my Hopper, BUT

I set mine to "folders by network" to cut down the amount of shows to look through.
Bingo.

I go to my PTAT section of recordings and then quickly click on the NBC folder, then the ABC folder etc.
I know everything that was recorded (and if it is "new" or not) within about 10 or 20 seconds.

And if I find a show I really like (or one I am lazy about but still want to watch later when bored) I click the "Save Series" option and worry no more.

Great box!

Yes. I only use the PTAT folder when I'm out of things to watch from My Recordings or looking for a show that someone else has told me I should check out. I found the recent Beatles CBS special that way, a couple days after it aired....

We do the same thing when we are out of things to watch. I like how the PTAT folder keeps recordings for eight days.

I like my Hopper, but find it very aggravating to have to sort thru the many network shows recorded every day to find the ones that I watch and delete the one that I do not watch. Sometimes, its hard to remember which ones I like since I have tried many shows and watched them for awhile until they got boring, which is most of them. Is there an easier way to do this. What am I missing?

I use to have series timers set for all our favorite PTAT programs but it ate up to many timers and I would hit the 95 timer limit. So now I don’t have any timers set for PTAT programs. Every morning I go thru each PTAT folder and save our favorite programs that recorded from the nite before. You only have to look usually at the first three programs if you keep up with it daily. That way I don't have to go thru all of them. I do this procedure every morning on two Hoppers. I like to have a backup. I also use titantv.com TV listings to help me keep up with all our favorite programs.

I use to have series timers set for all our favorite PTAT programs but it ate up to many timers and I would hit the 95 timer limit. So now I don?t have any timers set for PTAT programs. Every morning I go thru each PTAT folder and save our favorite programs that recorded from the nite before. You only have to look usually at the first three programs if you keep up with it daily. That way I don't have to go thru all of them. I do this procedure every morning on two Hoppers. I like to have a backup. I also use titantv.com TV listings to help me keep up with all our favorite programs.

This is what I do. Works very well

Does a "series save" use up one of my allotted timers? Answered my own question. I LOOKED AT MY TIMER LIST AND THERE ARE ALL MY SERIES SAVES AS TIMERS. Too bad when you click on series save it does not bring up the timer screen so you can change it to New Only.

Last edited:
Does a "series save" use up one of my allotted timers?

Yes, that is why I don't set series timers for any PTAT programs. I use to but it used up to many timers. Hopper has a limit of 95 timers. The PTAT system is highly reliable so I trust it now. If you would get in a habit of some kind to identify your favorite PTAT programs and do a save, they will stay in your My Recordings section.

I use to have series timers set for all our favorite PTAT programs but it ate up to many timers and I would hit the 95 timer limit. So now I don’t have any timers set for PTAT programs. Every morning I go thru each PTAT folder and save our favorite programs that recorded from the nite before.
That's a great idea. I have had to dump timers running up against the 95 limit before, so I will change to this procedure.

Thanks!

I use to have series timers set for all our favorite PTAT programs but it ate up to many timers and I would hit the 95 timer limit. So now I don’t have any timers set for PTAT programs. Every morning I go thru each PTAT folder and save our favorite programs that recorded from the nite before. You only have to look usually at the first three programs if you keep up with it daily. That way I don't have to go thru all of them. I do this procedure every morning on two Hoppers. I like to have a backup. I also use titantv.com TV listings to help me keep up with all our favorite programs.
I like your idea. The only downside I can see is if you took a trip which lasted longer than the programs stayed in the PTAT folder. Is there a chance that you could use DishAnywhere to go thru the list and save programs when away from home?
If I were to do this, I would set the duration in the PTAT folder to one or two days to keep it a bit cleaner to find the ones I wanted to save.

I like your idea. The only downside I can see is if you took a trip which lasted longer than the programs stayed in the PTAT folder. Is there a chance that you could use DishAnywhere to go thru the list and save programs when away from home?
If I were to do this, I would set the duration in the PTAT folder to one or two days to keep it a bit cleaner to find the ones I wanted to save.

Yes, you can save a PTAT program to your My Recordings space on your Hopper via DishAnywhere. I just did it with a program from last night.

Yes, you can see the PTAT folder and you can, watch, save series, save, and delete.

I had 73 timers on my 722K and 211K. So, I still have plenty of room for one time movie, etc. So, far I have 53 timers on my Hopper, but a lot of the shows from my previous timers are summer series or just haven't shown, since I got the Hopper or may have been canceled. But, I am having a blast learning all the in and out of the Hopper. Everyday, I find a new trick that the Hopper will do. The HDMI-CEC would not work with my Samsung HDTV, then I found out that I had it turned off on the tv, since I did not have anything to pair it with before. Turned it on and now it works fine.

Yes, you can save a PTAT program to your My Recordings space on your Hopper via DishAnywhere. I just did it with a program from last night.
I am on DishAnyWhere but I see nothing that will let me save a show from last night. What am I mising?

I am on DishAnyWhere but I see nothing that will let me save a show from last night. What am I mising?

Way to resurrect a five-year-old thread!
Yes, the thread is five years old. Five years ago you could do that but not with today's version of DishAnywhere...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)