I Like The Uplink Center

When I have time I'll see about writing an Uplink FAQ for the new uplink "watchers".

If anyone would like to help out writing the FAQ, it would be much appreciated.

I propose FAQ 1 - What is the uplink report?

It is a report of changes in the channel map to satellite transponder. These data are part of the data stream from every transponder, so that receivers can get the latest mapping no matter what channel they're tuned to. Data include channel number, channel name, mpeg-2/4 SD/HD, status such as added, removed, or moved, satellite name and location, transponder number and beam type, and availability.

I propose FAQ 1 - What is the uplink report?

It is a report of changes in the channel map to satellite transponder. These data are part of the data stream from every transponder, so that receivers can get the latest mapping no matter what channel they're tuned to. Data include channel number, channel name, mpeg-2/4 SD/HD, status such as added, removed, or moved, satellite name and location, transponder number and beam type, and availability.

Thanks
still alittle hard to read but for the most part i understand

How about two FAQs.. 1st, a primer for beginners, and then a more technical document.

Doc 1 would simply explain in generic terms what uplinks are, when they generally happen, and why etc.

Doc 2 would go into detail about satelllite locations and transponders.

Last edited:
Give us time and we will get everything tweaked and working smoothly. I brought the first initial tests online only 3-4 days ago. I worked hard on the final changes over the weekend in order to make the Wednesday uplink report and unveil this for everyone. With the assistance of Qwert1515, we will soon have automated updates to the subscription side of TheList. If you haven't checked out TheList please do so. You can instantly see exactly where every channel is listed on DishNetwork by all satellites or even drill down to specific satellites. You can also sort by transponder and on each satellite to quickly see the load per transponder. Subscription services - The List (CLICK HERE)

It's only going to get better! Stay tuned.

If you aren't a Pub Member take a moment and sign up, it's only $20 and helps us keep the lights on and bring new features and news to your fingertips. Click here for more details.

Thanks everyone!

Great work, Digi, and everyone else involved. I just have one suggestion:

Could the individual uplink reports be consolidated into a single, or weekly (locked) uplink report thread like you used to do in the regular forum? That way, all discussion could be consolidated into another (open) thread. If there is some reason you don't want to do this, I'm sure I'll get used to the new format.

Thanks, again, for a job well-done!

Brad