I lost all my Sat Signal last night

WhitePolarBear

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 4, 2007
Gulf Coast Texas
I was watching US Open Final last night and all of a sudden the signal was gone. The system check showed there is no signal at all. The Tech support asked me to disconnect and reconnect the cable behind my receiver. Obviously it didn't work. I went out to check the connection outside this morning and everything "looks" fine.
I wonder if there is anything else I can check before I set up a service call.

If it was windy yesterday, the alignment of the dish could have been thrown off. If you 'eye ball' your dish to others, does it look to be the same elevation and azmuith.

You can also look for loose or corroded connections where the coax cable comes into your house, and at the ground block next to it.

Miner

You give us no specifics on what your system consists of, which receivers, which switches, which dish, which lnb's.

Before anyone can do any guessing about the problem we need to know what you have.

who did you speak with at Dish.

I was watching US Open Final last night and all of a sudden the signal was gone. The system check showed there is no signal at all. The Tech support asked me to disconnect and reconnect the cable behind my receiver. Obviously it didn't work. I went out to check the connection outside this morning and everything "looks" fine.
I wonder if there is anything else I can check before I set up a service call.

When you made your call to Dish who did you speak with,dont speak with a regular CSR ask to be transferred to a Dish Tech.If you had done so they would have talked your through resetting and checking your signal.If they couldnt fix they would automatically set you up for someone to come out and fix.Most of the time if you have DHPP and depending how long youve been a Customer this will only be a 29.00 charge and I have often gotten that charge removed,especially if caused by equipment failure.
Whenever your sysem is down before calling for assistance always check your connections first and then reboot system ,if still out contact a Tech not a CSR,this will expedite your repairs.
Let us all know what happens as we all support great Service from Dish and will not tolerate Bad service..

This happened to me twice in one week.

On my 625 it was the ground block. The outside looked OK, but the inside was rusted. The copper center wire actually fell off when I touched it. This was set a little over a year ago.

I replaced the ends and ground block and all is well....

If you can, run a new cable from the dish to the receiver, bypassing the ground block. It that's not it, it could be a bad LNB or the receiver could be bad.

My daughter's 311 did this yesterday. No sat signal.

Hooked up her brother's 311 and everything was fine. Took her 311 into his room and no signal. It's the receiver this time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)