I love broadband

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is why competition is good. Believe it or not I only pay $49 a month for my 15 meg connection to the internet.

However with that said most of the time its not worth it as most of the sites come up the same speed when I had a 3 meg connection. But the difference in price is only $10 now which is why I go for the higher speed.

You also have the advantage of the faster upload speed, which is good for Satelliteguys stuff you do at your house. :D

Here's mine:

I'm rated to get 6Mbps down and 768kbps with AT&T DSL.

and here's mine:

69664199.png

Here's what I get from AT&T DSL for $24.99/mo:

We're supposed to have the 6Mb DSL available some time in early 2007.

Wide Open West 4MB $45/month

Can't wait for AT&T to finish the new central office by my house. Faster connection for less money.

hey guys, i know nothing about this stuff. we just upgraded to 10mb with charter. i did the test thing and had; download 2788km/s upload: 982km/s ; does that sound right for 10mb??

hey guys, i know nothing about this stuff. we just upgraded to 10mb with charter. i did the test thing and had; download 2788km/s upload: 982km/s ; does that sound right for 10mb??
They might have upgraded it but you probably have to pay more to get it. How much do you pay??

Make sure your speed is supposed to be 10Mbps.

Your speed you reported equals 2.7Mbps, no where near close to 10Mbps.

It also depends on the site that you are hitting. I tried the site closest to me and I was about 1.5Mbps slower than one twice the distance.

I understand the difference in advertised vs actual speed on mine.

Our DSL uses PPPoE which I absolutely hate. Not only do I have the normal overhead I have the PPPoE overhead as well. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)