I love broadband

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.
Loving' mine too! If I didn't have this I'd have to go the office everyday! ;)

Gotta love QOS... did this speedtest during a huge download.

Some of the DSL guys here look like my speeds I get with my Verizon EVDO laptop card.

My ISP offers 12/1 for $15 more a month but what's the point?

Man I feel really jipped with my Bellsouth DSL, this is the fastest paskage we are allowed to get in my city from them. Look at these sad results:

Here's my New Zeland results:

Last edited:
Wow, hehe!

My upload didn't falter at all. My download took a big dump.

Auckland

Attachments

• auckland.JPG
    auckland.JPG
    9.3 KB · Views: 126
Make sure your speed is supposed to be 10Mbps.

Your speed you reported equals 2.7Mbps, no where near close to 10Mbps.

I HATE CHARTER RIGHT NOW. typing this while on hold to find ouy about internet speed. took 4 calls to get to someone who speaks english about as well as i spell it said "hold on" after 20 min. i hung up. wife just game me another#, talking now with someone, have a bad connection but helpfull so far. she is checking internet speed now. also she had to send a sginal to one of our cabel boxes, was not getting locals. she said that should take 1/2 hour to go through...we will see. well she said it was not at 10 mb but she change it, should take effect in 15 min. on that. this lady was helpfull. the ptice for 10 mb is $59.99 was paying 45 for 3 mb. so we will see if it works!

Scott- What kind of connection do you have? Cable? Fios? Fibre direct to CO?

hey guys, i know nothing about this stuff. we just upgraded to 10mb with charter. i did the test thing and had; download 2788km/s upload: 982km/s ; does that sound right for 10mb??

Dan, what modem do you have? It it rented or owned? Some of the modems charter uses can't do the 10meg service. I had a Sci Atl and it could not go above 5-6 meg down. Had to get a new surfboard when I went to 10meg

I can't get new zealand test to start, so here is syndey

Dan, what modem do you have? It it rented or owned? Some of the modems charter uses can't do the 10meg service. I had a Sci Atl and it could not go above 5-6 meg down. Had to get a new surfboard when I went to 10meg

I can't get new zealand test to start, so here is syndey

hi cant see any name on it. i rent from charter. its grey about 5 x 5 " has a FC not sure if that is the MFG. re tested at 5245 down 992 up. better but dont sound like 10mb based on my last # being 2.7 at least it does seem faster.

How the hell can my upload at work be higher than download??
we have an integrated T1 at work so if nobody is on the phone, I would hit 1.5M or close but as people are on phones, it goes down.

Hmmm. Interesting. Our T1 is split- half dedicated to internet, half to 8 phone lines. I think I'll look into changing that to how yours is set up.

most work places have more bandwidth dedicated to uploading than downloading because they have servers and stuff

hi cant see any name on it. i rent from charter. its grey about 5 x 5 " has a FC not sure if that is the MFG. re tested at 5245 down 992 up. better but dont sound like 10mb based on my last # being 2.7 at least it does seem faster.

Dan, I would have charter come out and check that thing out if you are paying for 10meg service. I have no problem genreally exceeding 10meg on my line since I got the new surfboard (it's small and black btw).

This is what I get with Comcast. I only pay for Internet, no cable TV so I should only get 6.0 Mb and 384 kbps. I have no idea when I was upgraded to 12.0 Mb but I'm not complaining.

Attachments

• speedtest.png
    speedtest.png
    6.8 KB · Views: 163
Dan, I would have charter come out and check that thing out if you are paying for 10meg service. I have no problem genreally exceeding 10meg on my line since I got the new surfboard (it's small and black btw).

to show how littel i know about this.....surfboard i assume that means the thing charter leaves that hooks up to the computer. is it called something else, that i could tell charter. thanks for your help. dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)