I love broadband

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.
dantheman77

Since you just updated your service to the 10M, I would unplug your cable modem (surfboard thing) and then plug it back in after a minute. I know that when I have upgraded service in the past it took a cable modem reboot for the change to 100% take affect.

69939974.png

7mbit plan BHN Orlando

69973782.png

Mediacom, supposed to be 10 up, 1 down. I don't know exactly what I pay, because its all bundled with phone and TV. About $40.

New Zealand isn't quite as fast.
69973905.png

to show how littel i know about this.....surfboard i assume that means the thing charter leaves that hooks up to the computer. is it called something else, that i could tell charter. thanks for your help. dan

Well what they leave is your cable modem. Charter by me uses two differnet kinds, one made by Scientific atlanta (beige or gray) and it can't really go above 6 megs. I had one and had issues after going to 10meg service so they came out, swapped me out with a new Motorola Surfboad model (5200 I believe, it's in the wiring closet downstairs, it's mostly black and pretty small) and it's much better now. Getting over 10meg down reliabley and 98% of rated upload.

dantheman77

Since you just updated your service to the 10M, I would unplug your cable modem (surfboard thing) and then plug it back in after a minute. I know that when I have upgraded service in the past it took a cable modem reboot for the change to 100% take affect.

THANKS, TRIED IT AND DID NOT DO MUCH GOOD TEST SPEEDS WERE ABOUT THE SAME. IM PAYING $60 A MONTH FOR THE 10 MG AND ONLY GETTING 2.7 SOMEONE SAID. WILL CALL CHARTER I NEED BRIAN WILSON TO BRING ME A NEW SURFBOARD!

Well what they leave is your cable modem. Charter by me uses two differnet kinds, one made by Scientific atlanta (beige or gray) and it can't really go above 6 megs. I had one and had issues after going to 10meg service so they came out, swapped me out with a new Motorola Surfboad model (5200 I believe, it's in the wiring closet downstairs, it's mostly black and pretty small) and it's much better now. Getting over 10meg down reliabley and 98% of rated upload.

THANKS I WILL CALL CHARTER ABOUT THIS

THANKS, TRIED IT AND DID NOT DO MUCH GOOD TEST SPEEDS WERE ABOUT THE SAME. IM PAYING $60 A MONTH FOR THE 10 MG AND ONLY GETTING 2.7 SOMEONE SAID. WILL CALL CHARTER I NEED BRIAN WILSON TO BRING ME A NEW SURFBOARD!

Hope all works out for you. The problem could also be that you are in a area that is over subscribed. Many cable company's put to many customers on the system before they upgrade their connection out to the internet.

Rah. Rah. Whoppee! :(

Stepson said he'd be here last night, did not show or call or return calls. We'd have gone out of town if he'd cancelled. I decided our response would just be "Since you didn't show up, we drank the bottle of Jack Daniel's we got for you." Maybe he'll make it next time.

I think the reason for the higher speed is because I turned off the SatelliteGuys Radio uplink.

I was doing some testing, and my upload AND download speeds went down greatly when I was sending out a 128k audio stream.

I guess if your uploading on a cable modem if effects your download speeds too.

Well I can't compete with Scott's data rate but here is my Verizon wireless EVDO rate from my Dell Laptop-

URL=http://www.speedtest.net]
70977680.png
[/URL]

I think the reason for the higher speed is because I turned off the SatelliteGuys Radio uplink.

I was doing some testing, and my upload AND download speeds went down greatly when I was sending out a 128k audio stream.

I guess if your uploading on a cable modem if effects your download speeds too.

Doesn't matter what kind of connection, if you are uploading something that is less space for the ACK packets on the download. Configuring a good QOS script on a QOS capable router can help this a good bit though.

before i called charter i tried the test again. it came up 10, 291 download and 974 up. does that sound like 10 mb i should be getting?? thanks for all your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)