I love broadband

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.
me too!! lol
you know though, i dont think its a huge change. i thought pages would download
just like THAT!! its faster but not way faster.

me too!! lol
you know though, i dont think its a huge change. i thought pages would download
just like THAT!! its faster but not way faster.
You are still limited to the speed of the site you are downloading from. While the 10 meg download speed is neat to say I have, I was more interested in the 1 meg upload speed. Particularly when we have 4 or 5 computers all active in the house at one time the upload speed is more important than the download. That is where I can really see the difference.

Mine's not too bad. I am supposed to get 5 megs d/l.

Attachments

• 71535526.png
    71535526.png
    6.5 KB · Views: 148
You are still limited to the speed of the site you are downloading from. While the 10 meg download speed is neat to say I have, I was more interested in the 1 meg upload speed. Particularly when we have 4 or 5 computers all active in the house at one time the upload speed is more important than the download. That is where I can really see the difference.

Yeah, I could really not care about 10 meg down, I can rarely max that out on a real download. The upload is what I wanted when I upgraded. I wish they had a 5 meg down 1 meg up or such package.

Read it and weep boys. MD Paul still wins though... This is my home connection (Cablevision Optimum Online Boost).

For $65 a month it better be freakin fast....

At a computer terminal today on campus (Univ of Nebraska-Lincoln) I ran the speedtest. I don't know the speed at which the up/down link is to run but I expected the down to be quite a bit better than the up, as usually is the case. I was shocked at the results...

2.1Mb/s down and 7.5Mb/s up!

99ms latency.

Talking Verizon EVDO here.

I typically get my best speeds from the Washington DC server with NYC second to them. When I was in Las Vegas, it was Salt Lake City with 1.3 Mb down and 128kbs up. Tonight, I'm in Miami and I tested washington DC and it's down to 856kbs. I do better in Jacksonville from home.

While bragging on our cable connections from home is fine, fact is anything above 1.5 MB is usually plenty for one user. I'm much more interested in hearing from other road warriors with different mobile services around the country. Today, this is the real challenge, what you get while traveling.

Also, I'd be interested in what people are getting with their hotel wifi connections. Seems many hotels are hip to wifi these days but as Scott discovered, even a fine hotel like the Luxor went crawling during busy times. For me, my independent Verizon EVDO never suffered in Vegas during CES. I watched fine sling box and a security camera simultaneously while surfing the web. Verizon did a great job in Vegas for CES week! IT's worth the higher rates they charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts