Please reply by conversation.

SamCdbs

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
May 7, 2008
Situation:

H20 and HR20 receivers.

Market does not have HD via sat, so I use an antenna to intergrate the signals OTA.

Local CBS is Ch. 13. Its digital signal is Ch. 47. After the NTSC shut down, it was going to shut down 47 and return to 13.

The digital 47 transmitter was damaged in the ice storm this week, so rather than repair it, the station went ahead and ceased analog broadcasting early and fired up its new digital 13 transmitter.

Problem is the receivers are still looking for the station at 47, PSIPed to 13.

So I need to enter a secondary market that has a station, preferabably CBS, whose digital signal is 13.

Anybody know one?

Situation:

H20 and HR20 receivers.

Market does not have HD via sat, so I use an antenna to intergrate the signals OTA.

Local CBS is Ch. 13. Its digital signal is Ch. 47. After the NTSC shut down, it was going to shut down 47 and return to 13.

The digital 47 transmitter was damaged in the ice storm this week, so rather than repair it, the station went ahead and ceased analog broadcasting early and fired up its new digital 13 transmitter.

So I need to enter a secondary market that has a station, preferabably CBS, whose digital signal is 13.

Anybody know one?

Need more info, what market are you in ?
Do you have an adjacent city that you may be able to pick up as well ?

Jimbo

Won't DirecTV be remapping your branded channel 13 to actual channel 13 either on February 17th, or possibly earlier when your market's plight is called to their attention?

Situation:

H20 and HR20 receivers.

Anybody know one?

Running initial OTA setup will solve the problem. Also if you are in the area I think you are in adding a Columbus OH zip code as secondary market will get you the 13.2 doppler sub channel it will say WSYXDT 13.2 though. If you don't care about the 13.2 sub channel adding secondary market is not necessary.

I believe you are talking about WOWK CBS?
WOWK's analog channel 13 transmitter is off the air. WOWK is transmitting a new digital signal on channel 13.

Last edited:
chances are your HDTV has an atsc tuner go directly into the tv with the F connector you wont be able to record anything with the HR20 but for the short term this should fix your problem

Your best bet would be to contact the station manager ASAP & inform them they need to let Tribune Media Services know their situation & that their prog guides need to be updated accordingly. This is where D* gets ALL their OTA station mapping info from, which in turn is fed to their OTA tuners in their receivers such as the H, HR & AM series units. Once this is done, your tuner should then work properly. Just make sure you emphasize to the station that until they do this, they are loosing many potential viewers to their signal - this usually gets them going on this! ;)

I did this with on of our local PBS stations a year ago & it only took a couple days for everything to get fixed.

Your best bet would be to contact the station manager ASAP & inform them they need to let Tribune Media Services know their situation & that their prog guides need to be updated accordingly. This is where D* gets ALL their OTA station mapping info from, which in turn is fed to their OTA tuners in their receivers such as the H, HR & AM series units. Once this is done, your tuner should then work properly. Just make sure you emphasize to the station that until they do this, they are loosing many potential viewers to their signal - this usually gets them going on this! ;)

I did this with on of our local PBS stations a year ago & it only took a couple days for everything to get fixed.

If they are talking about WOWK this has already been taken care of. Not counting the doppler radar sub channel.

Thanks guys. I reset the receiver all the way back to the first-time install of an antenna and it correctly mapped WOWK to digital 13. And it added 13-2, which is the weather radar. I also had to rescan for channels on my 4th TV, which is hooked up to an H21, and thus uses the TV's own tuner.

I guess if anybody lives in a market where some of the locals are going to return to their analog homes, they will have to follow the same procedure.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)