I need a clarification on VIP922 capabilities

MW390

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 16, 2005
I'm really confused right now about what exactly a slingloaded 922 is capable of. Do I need that outboard TV Everywhere sling gadget to watch it on my wireless notebook? Or does the Ethernet in the back connect to a wireless router the way I'm doing it right now? The Dish Remote. Do I just use it to program it or can I watch what's on it? Why is the sling.dish.command page going away soon if I haven't yet got a 922 or 722....Where has someone put all these elements together in an easy to view picture? Thanks.

I need a clarification of your question. Thanks.

Gee Randy, Leland Stottlemeyer told me you moved to NJ not Maine. In any event, there is a web page dish.sling.com. It says to register so you can control your VIP receiver remotely. It also says to hurry because the page is going away soon. I plan on getting one soon as I'm sure many others too. Then why the rush to get rid of web registration page.

I am also looking to see how VIP922 Sling differs from previous Slings. Do I plug it into a wireless router via Ethernet cable? What does this USB outboard sling (for VIP722- TV everywhere) do for me? I DON'T need a wireless router and the outboard sling does it?

Gee Randy, Leland Stottlemeyer told me you moved to NJ not Maine. In any event, there is a web page dish.sling.com. It says to register so you can control your VIP receiver remotely. It also says to hurry because the page is going away soon. I plan on getting one soon as I'm sure many others too. Then why the rush to get rid of web registration page.

I think that the login page at dish.sling.com is going away. It looks like future logins will have to be done at the dishnetwork.com site. That login will let you manage everything about your Dish network account, not just the remote access feature.

Someone else will have to answer your questions about sling and the method of connecting to the internet since I don't know those answers.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)