I need a Switch

DarrellP

I Think, therefore, I am.
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 6, 2003
Salem, OR
I don't know what I need, so here's what I have:

All legacy gear: Dish 500 with a twin LNBF looking at 110/119. A Dish 300 pointed at 61.5 with both dishes running through a SW 21.

My dilemma: I have a 921 with dual inputs and I cannot set timers without the other input connected, though I can record manually and watch all of my channels. I need a switch that will accept inputs from the two dishes I have and be able to run 2 outputs to my 921.

It must be inexpensive, I've already spent $60 on another Dish 500 setup that did not work (can you say Ebay rip-off?) :mad:

Thanks,

DarrellP

Because I have 2 different satellites that I am feeding to the receiver, so I need a switch to tie them all together.

Is the 921 your only receiver?

If it is get a dual lnb for the dish300 (if you don't have) and get a second SW21.
You'll also need to run a second line.

Best thing to do would be to switch to a DPP twin and a DP lnb on the 300 then you could use a DPP seperater at the 921.

No, I also have a 811, so all my outputs are tapped out.

I had a PM about a DP 34, will that suit my needs?

DarrellP said:
No, I also have a 811, so all my outputs are tapped out.

I had a PM about a DP 34, will that suit my needs?
To use a DP34 you would need to switch all you LNB to DishPro and you'd still need to run a second line to the 921. So unless you needed the 4th output I think getting the DPP twin would be your best option.

n0qcu said:
To use a DP34 you would need to switch all you LNB to DishPro and you'd still need to run a second line to the 921. So unless you needed the 4th output I think getting the DPP twin would be your best option.

Yep! DPP Twin/DP Dual combo would be the best bet. Brand new, both items should cost about $60

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)