I need a TY-LA1000 Bulb for Panasonic TV

zaxxon2000

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 13, 2004
If anyone has a burned out or used bulb, I would like to buy it. I'm trying to find a source that can supply these for me. I need a sample to send and I'm using mine.
Thanks

I found this on line>>>>>> http://www.petitiononline.com/panbulb/petition.html >>>>>> & this too>>>>>Michael wrote:-

Some good news everyone. I received a letter back from Panasonic's Customer Affairs Division. They are aware of the problem. What they are doing about is extending any lamp problems (lc13 series) to 18 months from invoice! Here is there letter:

"Thank you for your undated (oops) letter postmarked April 23, 2005. We at Panasonic appreciate your having contacted us. We are committed to assuring that our cutomer's experience extreme satisfaction with the Panasonic products that they purchase.

Having said that, we are aware that a number of people who purchased Panasonic projections TVs are not currently happy because of their experience with the lamps used in those TVs and we problem forward to satisfying you and other valued customers.

To put the problem into some context, while projection TV lamps are expensive, they are light bulbs. Light bulbs blow out from time to time and need to be replaced. You should also know that based upon the best information that we have, the vast majority of people who have purchased Panasonic projection TVs have not experienced the kinds of premature burnout you and others have seen.

We recognize that this broader perspective does not help you and does not make you a satisfied Panasonic customer, but maybe it will help us find a common ground to a solution.

Based on the best information we have at the present time, we believe that if the lamp in one of our projection TVs does not fail within the first 12months of use, the TV owner is not likely to experience the kind of continuing problems about which you have expressed concern. If the lamp fail within that period, it is possible that the cause is a defective lamp, but it is also possible that the cause may be defective ballast or other component.

So here's what we are doing to address the problem. If you purchased a Panasonic LC13 series TV and experienced the burnout of a lamp anytime within 18 months of purchase, call us at (800)211-PANA. We will be happy to provide you with a replacement lamp and, if you have experienced repeated lamp failures, or otherwise suspect that there may be a defect in your TV causing the lamp failures, we will arrange for an in-home inspection and , if necessary, repair of your TV. If you have already purchased replacement lamps for your TV and provide us with proof of purchase of the replacement lamps, we will refund the purchase cost of the lamp or lamps to you.

Just so you know, we are extending the limited warranty on lamps sold with the newer models to 18 months from the date of purchase and all replacement lamps will carry a one year, rather then a 90 day, warranty.

We are truly sorry that you experienced dissatisfaction with your Panasonic projection TV and appreciate the opportunity to turn you into a loyal Panasonic customer.

Very truly yours,
(signed)
Michael Marino Jr.
Manager, Consumer Affairs Division"
>>>> I thought you might be interested....

BryanSR

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)