ShadowEKU

Expert in the Making
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 13, 2004
Frankfort, KY
Anyone out there an Electrician?

Okay my story...

My inlaws are building a pool. The electrician is PArtially done with the wiring but in order to complete it he needs an inspector to come and okay it. Problem is the Electrician refuses to call the inspector. The Pool Builder tried and the Inspector said NO I need an electrician to call me. So the pool builder informs the electrician who still refuses to call. My mother in law even called the inspector who still refuses.... so now they are stuck and no inspector... anyone offer any help

and no the electrician isnt fully paid yet.

Grab a pair of pliers and start breaking his fingers until he calls the inspector. Hope this helps. :lol:

Sounds to me like a shady electrician or a shady inspector. Where you located??

Perhaps an unlicensed electrician? Call a licensed one to come out and check the installation. Deduct the amount of the electrician from the pool contract.

Better yet, have the pool installation company take care of it. They are the ones that hired him (aren't they?) and are ultimately responsible for getting the job done.

The local inspection office requires a Licensed Electrician to call them and meet them out to inspect.. No Biggie... except their electrician wouldnt call or make time to be there (even though hes working on their dollar?) At any rate it has been settled yesterday late afternoon. the Pool builder put the pool walls in in some way the electrician said it couldnt be grounded

(someone want to explain to me how a pool 6 feet in the ground with metal walls placed right side up could possibly be out of code... hell its a hole in the ground with metal lining it till the actual liner is in)

to code. Well After I pulled the NEC Guidelines and presented the relevant sections to the electrician he called the inspector.... we find out today if everything was done right.... but from what I was reading the electrician decided not to bond the pool ground with the electrical ground for the pump which is a no-no from what i understand..... we shall see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)