I need DVR receiver advice.

Rlanham

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 22, 2004
I haven't kept up to well on Dish's new receivers/offerings lately.

I currently have AT60. HD-Pak, Voom, CBS-HD, HBO, Locals. (I pay $82/month)
1-811 Receiver upstairs & 1-522 Receiver supplying 3 TV's downstairs going thru wholehouse feed.

I am leasing, 18 months into a 24 month contract.

I have an 811 receiver upstairs that I cannot run another coax feed to, but I want a DVR at this location.

It appears if I swap my 811 for a 622, it would cost $299 to lease the receiver, $5 a month for DVR fee + about $9/month to get the new mpeg-4 HD channels?

The problem I have with that is I think they would extend my lease 18-months on top of the 6-months I have to go?

I also thought about getting a DVR on the secondary market to atlease record SD, but didn't know if I could split the coax signal going to my 811?

I know I am asking and answering my own questions, but anybody have any other good ideas to get a DVR upstairs where my 811 is now, with the inability to run a new coax line.

Last edited:
"Superdish + 61.5" in your sig makes me think you might have a DPP44 switch. If so, you can run a dual tuner receiver with a single cable and a DPP Separator.

Pepper said:
"Superdish + 61.5" in your sig makes me think you might have a DPP44 switch. If so, you can run a dual tuner receiver with a single cable and a DPP Separator.

I believe it needs to be a Dish Pro PLUS setup for one cable install.

well if this helps the contracts would over lap not add on another 18 months, another way you can avoid the contract is to purchse the receiver and have it installed i believe that would be around 799 or something just ask for the 'hd in a box' and if the agent doesn't know what you are talking about hang up and call back, because your speaking to an idiot

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)