I need help with 110 and 119

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

kenn6869

Original poster
Jun 4, 2006
Hi there guy.. ok i had to move my dish from one part of my house to another... i thought it would be easy... not so.... i put it back together and i tried to point the dish......

but all i get is 119 where is 110 ... how do i find it..... i have a older dish .. it has two lnbs on it....

wow ok tries that..

now 119 is getting 129
110 is getting 119

any ideas.... thank for your help/// i'm kind of lost...

ok well i have done everything you guy have told me and now i have

119 very strong and where it should be.
but no 110 still looking for it..

but again thanks for all your help.. getting everything plumb did help....

thanks

when i am installing and 119 is all i can find i mark the mast then turn is south about a quarter of an inch then up about 2 deg. don't forget to run a check switch

kenn6869 said:
ok well i have done everything you guy have told me and now i have

119 very strong and where it should be.
but no 110 still looking for it..

but again thanks for all your help.. getting everything plumb did help....

thanks
whats your zip code?..With this I can give the elevation and skew for your area..

set the dish on ther PLUMB mast......use your compas to aim the dish in the general direction of the sat do not poin the arm i that direction but look at the back of the dish..draw an imanginary line along the mast perpendicular to the gound..this is the actual direction the dish is pointing...assuming you don't have a sat finder open a window and crank the tv volume.....move the dish slowly....once you hear the signal meter on the tv react..go even slower....BTW if you have two lnbs...peak the dish on the one on the 119 side of the wye connector(the plastic "clam shell" thing the lnbs are in) once you have heard the highest pitch sound on the signal meter ..tighten the dish..this should give you the sigs on both 110 and 119..please provide your zip code..and I'll post the info you need

What if the problem is opposite?

What if I have 110 peaked and 119 is not showing up at all? Which way do I go to fix that?

I have a dish 500 with azimuth, elevation, and skew all set for 22193.
110 reads 90 and 119 reads 88 but locked on wrong satellite, 110.

Thanks!

Last edited:
If you are locked on 110, and have wrong satellite on 119, then before you move it, try changing the transponder.

I believe the majority of the transponders on 119 are for Dish, and a few of the higher number ones are for DTV.

8bitbytes said:
What if I have 110 peaked and 119 is not showing up at all? Which way do I go to fix that?

I have a dish 500 with azimuth, elevation, and skew all set for 22193.
110 reads 90 and 119 reads 88 but locked on wrong satellite, 110.

Thanks!
reboot the receiver by unplugging it for 30 seconds or so. then plug it back in.......also check the software version by pressing the sys info button..That button is either on the remote or the front panel depending on the model..
keep us posted..
oh yeah...what model reciver do you have?...pleasecheck the sys info and post the software version on here..I have a list as do many others on here with the latest software versions...

I have rebooted, a few times in this process to make sure everything was working right - its a 721 with software version 179

8bitbytes said:
I have rebooted, a few times in this process to make sure everything was working right - its a 721 with software version 179
software is current...hmm....there are lots of trouble shoots that you could perform if you had the EQ ...At this point..I may have to advise you to call dish
hopefully you are on some sort of warranty....

I have two lines coming in off of a DishPro Twin. I did much adjusting, cable testing, tuner testing, and I finally ran a cable straight from the 119 side of the DishPro Twin and I'm getting no signal. I think the DishPro Twin is bad. Does that sound right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)