I need help

Patchen

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 7, 2005
I have a problem, my wife called Dish last week to get a Super Dish 121 installed at our house. The “tech” showed up at my house, climbed my roof, and said, “that tree is in the way,” and left. Is it possible for the super dish to be installed away from my original dish? For example can it be placed on a pole in my yard? The coordinates are elevation 7, the other number is 264 for the position of the satellite. I’m going to assume that the second number is basically degrees on a compass. What does elevation 7 mean? Can this be installed away from my first dish? I want to get the super dish installed but I really don’t want to cut down a tree that’s a few hundred years old to do so.

Any help and input will be appreciated, I’m new here so please be gentle.

Technically it is possible, not being able to see your site I can't say you can do it. Call DISH Network for their answer 800-333-3474.

I admit the tree off the roof is a problem. I'd called dish today to discuss mounting the dish on a pole in my side yard. To put things into perspective, my side yard is on the west side of the property, the front of my house faces north, and the rear south. The street I live on runs west to east.

Dish is sending out a manager on Thursday to inspect and make the decision.

It is possible, but the techs will gripe about having to put it at a different location, but on the other hand, the super dish isn't even supposed to be installed on the roof....use that arguement and you should be able to get it polemounted in the yard.