I Need quick help, DISH CSR's are clueless!!

HDTV Rookie

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 1, 2003
Texas
Hi all

It has been a long time since I have been out here, but I made a visit the other day and to my surprise, I saw that Dish had added 10 new HD channels to their HD Package.

So like a kid on christmas day, I ran to my phone to re-activate my 811 and HD Package. It took a while for the receiver and channels to come back to life.

Now here several days later I do not have my Voom channels. I have both 61.5 and the 110/119 dishes on my house, so I know that is not a problem. Well when I called and spoke to the first CSR, he tried to tell me that the channels were not available yet and had no release date. I told him there were available as of 5/1/05, he said there were purchased on 5/1, put not available yet. I told him that he was wrong, he said he was not b/c he worked there. I asked to speak to a supervisor, his feeble mind then transfered me to tech support, not the supervisor I asked for.

When I spoke to the tech support genius, he began to tell me that the channels were only available to New customers. When I explained to him that was also not true, he adamently stated it was. When I asked to speak to a supervisor, he finally agreed to forward me to a supervisor.

When I got on the phone with the supervisor, I explained again for the 3rd time why I was calling. I even explained to him that I have the second dish already pointing at 61.5, his response to me was let me place you on hold, while I check to see if I qualify. He came back, asked if I had a second dish pointed at 61.5 and then said it would be $5 additional to add these channels to my lineup.

First off, I have not read all of the post here, so forgive me, but I need validation from someone on here that in fact it is costing us $5 more, b/c I thought it would have been covered by the $9.95 paid for the HD package.

Second, (sorry for venting) but this experience clearly reminds me why I hate dealing with CSR's. How can a company as big as E*, and as dependant on subs for revenue as they are, not provide adequate training for thier employees. I am sorry, but there is no excuse for an employee not knowing anything about a company product they need to sell or support. Did these guys all go to the same school? The school for the deaf, dumb, and blind!!!

If you aren't seeing the channels in your guide then there is something wrong with your set up that you need to check out.

Yes the 10 channels are an additional $5

Yup, sorry to hear the CSR troubles. I have never had luck with em either. The voom channels are off of 61.5 and are an extra $5 to the $9.95 HD pack.

Just look on Dishnetworks front page. Plain as day under the Voom logo..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts