i need some help please..

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

ertiself

Original poster
Jun 1, 2009
arizona
ok im new to this forum galaxy marketing sent me here..

i have a very important question.. i want to buy a motorized dish system and im stuck on the system to get??? it will have the invacom QPH031 lnb but the dish seems to be my hangup.. on one hand the wineguard DS2076 the othere is the 90cm ws9036 now i would like to know honistly what to get i want it well built and also where i dont have to worry about the quality can some one tell me what they think please..for viewing of all the fta sats...:confused:

please reply...

Winegard has good quality, not sure what your second choice is... A 90cm dish will give higher signal levels and since it has a narrower beamwidth, be a little more time consuming to point. most are happy with the 75cm dishes, probably a good starter dish, and easier to point.

GL, Eric

WELCOME!

Getting started in FTA can be a bit daunting, don't worry it does get easier. Read everything you can, especially the FAQ's and the reviews. After you get a feel for what others are using and happy with, then make a purchase. Any of our sponsers will be happy to suggest a good setup if you can give them an idea of what you want to do. Single motorized or multiple dishes each have advantages. Don't forget to check out "the list " and see if you'll like the programming.

ok im new to this forum galaxy marketing sent me here..

i have a very important question.. i want to buy a motorized dish system and im stuck on the system to get??? it will have the invacom QPH031 lnb but the dish seems to be my hangup.. on one hand the wineguard DS2076 the othere is the 90cm ws9036 now i would like to know honistly what to get i want it well built and also where i dont have to worry about the quality can some one tell me what they think please..for viewing of all the fta sats...:confused:

please reply...

Ertself,

This FTA avenue requires a LOT of personal investigation on your part. I can recommend certain components and equipment highly, but that does not mean that it suits YOUR needs or desires.

You should question everything possible with great scrutiny and a fine eye for detail before you ever decide upon any purchase. You cannot really take any one person's word for gospel regarding the equipment that is necessary or proper as your location will have a great influence upon whether the equipment is correct for your location and the satellites that you want to pick up.

Which dish antenna, which motor (if you use one) and which LNBF you use are very dependent upon where you live. What works best for me, may not suit you.

You have to select a satellite or group of satellites that you desire to view channels from and determine what the EIRP level from each of those satellites are for your location. The worst or lowest strength satellite that you wish to view will decide what dish size you should select. The rest, being higher strength, will simply just be better in reception for you.

If you are unsure of what you are really looking for in regards of channels or satellites, you will have to do a lot more research and be a lot more specific. i.e. What type of channels do you like to watch? Where do you live? What is your proposed budget for satellite equipment? What is your capabilities for installing equipment outdoors (how much room/any legal restrictions/any LOS problems)?

LOS = Line of Sight... In other words in case you are unfamiliar, are there any BIG trees or buildings in the way?

Your best bet, in my opinion - in order to save you money and time and a lot of frustration and disillusionment, you should take small steps and ask detailed questions and read many of the other discussions already posted here. This is not something that you want to jump into directly on a whim. If it isn't up your alley, you do not want to spend the money to simply find that out the hard way.

That is why this forum (one reason why anyway) is here. Most of us are avid hobbyists and just drool over anything technically challenging. Therefore, this hobby may take time, if you are just searching for anything without a reason.

If you have a particular satellite or channel that you are interested in, we can determine what equipment you truly need fairly easily give the specifics.

I for one would gladly and with a great smile love to assist you in this endeavor if I can. If I don't know the answer to any of your specific Q's, I DO KNOW that others here can as there are many who are excellent in this regard.

I just happen to LOVE this hobby and have been hanging around for about 4 years (maybe) and reading and learning. There is a lot of information to be learned and if you are up to it, you can really have a blast!

AcWxRADAR

(you can call me Gordy or RADAR for short if you like). :)

EDIT: The Winegard DS-2076 is an excellent dish for a starter-up - - - but that is just my opinion.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)