I need some help!!!!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Carroll A

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 6, 2004
Hello guys I need your help and I am sorry for being so repetitive... I am using my new screen reader and I am having a hell of a time trying to get it to work... God it sucks loosing your eyesight... Anyway my question deals with the DVR Advantage... I have a Dish 510 DVR and a 301 for the Bedroom... I currently have AT 250 with Locals plus the DVR fee as well as a second rcvr fee... I tried a few weeks ago to call Dish, but with three different answers from three different reps I just gave up... Tonight my wife calls Dish and they said for 59.00 dollars plus the extra rcvr fee and taxes I could get my choice of one movie channel for 10dollors more since I already had the AT250 package... My question is does this sound correct and if so has anybody else with just a basic SD rcvr jumped on the deal... That almost sounded to good to be true, but I wanted to consult with you guys to make sure what my wife was told was correct... I know it is also for an 18 month deal as well... Thanks guys and I hope I am not causing to much confusion... CC

If you haven't already done so, it might be a good idea to register online and then see if they have anything special for your account.

I remember seeing some specials not long ago, and just checked again, but did not see anything of value. However, a couple of links do not work, particularly the "Best Value" link. Maybe they are cancelling everything early. :D I also did not see a DVR Advantage screen today, maybe it might be on my other account.

However, between my two accounts, I do remember seeing several prices to upgrade, but I'm thinking the prices were $99, $119, and $149, which included the one time lease price of another receiver if they mailed it to you. But I think installation did not cost any extra. I have AT200 w/locals, plus HD on the main account and less on the other account.

Although I do not have AT250, I do remember seeing upgrading options of HD and/or Movie packages.
- HD $20
- Premium Move Package $20 each,
- Any two of above $30
- Any additional package (HD or Premium Movie) - add another $10.

So you could get HD for $20, and then all of the movie packages for $10 each.

NOTE: I do remember reading somewhere else, that the movie packages were $10 each, except if only HBO, then HBO was an extra $2.

Thanks for the tip... I talked with somebody from Dish today who was from America!!!!! I almost fell on the floor... we went over what I currently have and how it would compare with the DVR Advantage and if I understood her correct my bill would go up $3.77 which would be the taxes etc... That also included HBO so if I did my math correct from what we discussed on the phone The increase would be for the HBO plus taxes... If that is the case that is not a bad deal, but from what I was told this was one of those not thought through kind of plans and all the call centers did not get to give their CSR's any proper training thus all the confusion... As much as I wanted to jump on the offer I am still going to wait and see what happens... In my case it almost sounded to good to be true which is why I did not bite today... CC

If you haven't already done so, it might be a good idea to register online and then see if they have anything special for your account.

I remember seeing some specials not long ago, and just checked again, but did not see anything of value. However, a couple of links do not work, particularly the "Best Value" link. Maybe they are cancelling everything early. :D I also did not see a DVR Advantage screen today, maybe it might be on my other account.

However, between my two accounts, I do remember seeing several prices to upgrade, but I'm thinking the prices were $99, $119, and $149, which included the one time lease price of another receiver if they mailed it to you. But I think installation did not cost any extra. I have AT200 w/locals, plus HD on the main account and less on the other account.

Although I do not have AT250, I do remember seeing upgrading options of HD and/or Movie packages.
- HD $20
- Any two of above $30

So you could get HD for $20, and then all of the movie packages for $10 each.

NOTE: I do remember reading somewhere else, that the movie packages were $10 each, except if only HBO, then HBO was an extra $2.

- HD $20
- Any two of above $30
I think I just remembered where I seen that at. Every Tuesday, the U.S. Postal Service delivers a boxful of propaganda from Pizza Hut, Domino's, a few others, and this week, included DirecTV and Dish Network, I think on the same 4-page sheet.:D
It had something about 4 rooms, no hidden charges, no additional costs, etc...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)