I need to install a new pole

bowens

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 30, 2005
Florida
The bottom of my pole for my dish is completely rusted out. The dish has become wobbly. I called dish and they can't get anybody here for 2 weeks and I'm completely without signal. I've got a spare pole. If I take the dish off the existing pole and mount it on the new pole, it should be a matter of aiming left and right to find signal right? I found an app called Dish Align that is supposed to help aim it. Any other tips I should know? I'm on eastern arc. I think 61.5 and 70 something. I don't remember.

The bottom of my pole for my dish is completely rusted out. The dish has become wobbly. I called dish and they can't get anybody here for 2 weeks and I'm completely without signal. I've got a spare pole. If I take the dish off the existing pole and mount it on the new pole, it should be a matter of aiming left and right to find signal right? I found an app called Dish Align that is supposed to help aim it. Any other tips I should know? I'm on eastern arc. I think 61.5 and 70 something. I don't remember.

If the old pole is perfectly plumb and the new pole is perfectly plumb, then all you should have to do is swing left or right until you get the best signal. HOWEVER, nothing I've ever done has been that simple.

I got it working. The pole I had was quite a bit bigger than what I replaced so I had to pry the mount out to get it to fit. The app I had downloaded also didn’t work that well so I ended up using a compass. All is well now though. Dish should be coming in 2 weeks to professionally install it but it’s working for now.

I got it working. The pole I had was quite a bit bigger than what I replaced so I had to pry the mount out to get it to fit. The app I had downloaded also didn’t work that well so I ended up using a compass. All is well now though. Dish should be coming in 2 weeks to professionally install it but it’s working for now.

Chain link fence post buddy! About $7 at Home Depot

You will likely have issues when Dish comes to install the correct size pole because you forced a larger pipe on the mount. The dish may no longer tighten to the smaller pole now.

Sounds like you may have used electrical conduit.

Oh well, that’s Dish Networks problem. When you talk to the tech tell him to bring another dish because you think the other one is bent.

Chain link fence post buddy! About $7 at Home Depot

You will likely have issues when Dish comes to install the correct size pole because you forced a larger pipe on the mount. The dish may no longer tighten to the smaller pole now.

Sounds like you may have used electrical conduit.

Oh well, that’s Dish Networks problem. When you talk to the tech tell him to bring another dish because you think the other one is bent.
I'm about 45 minutes from the closest Home Depot, so I worked with what I had. This was a dish pole that was at my parents' house. They put a new one in and didn't remove the old one. They are definitely going to have to at least replace the mounting hardware on the back of the dish. I would have waited on them but I'd have been without TV for over 2 weeks. I did what I had to do.

I believe you were told 2 weeks I don't however believe that is really the case. Unless you didn't mention something that makes a difference.

Sent from my KFDOWI using the SatelliteGuys app!

I believe you were told 2 weeks I don't however believe that is really the case. Unless you didn't mention something that makes a difference.

Sent from my KFDOWI using the SatelliteGuys app!
I called Monday, August 27, and was told it would be September 12. I called back on Wednesday, August 29, because it wasn't working at all. I asked if it could be moved up since I was without satellite completely. They told me the earliest they had was the 12th but they would pass it on to the next department who might be able to do something quicker. I got an email an hour or so later saying it had been scheduled for September 9th. So they moved it up a few days. I've got a buddy that's a manager in the field for Dish and he said they're crazy backed up right now.

Gee just because FOOTBALL is starting and all the arm chair quarterbacks have suddenly realized they need service.
Nope. My service just happened to go out this week. Do you think if I waited around for 2 weeks with no service they would give me a discount for those days? I don't think so. It is not unreasonable to expect them to fix their equipment in a timely manner. They couldn't so I fixed it myself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)