I Need to Install a Slimline....

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

bincitybandit

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 11, 2005
I have had 1 HD receiver for about 2 years now, just got a second one today. I have never upgraded my dish from the oval dish so I have only been getting the HD channels in the 70's and 80's channel range. Since I now have two HD TV's and two receivers I figure it is time to put the right dish up so I can take advantage of the full HD spectrum that D* has to offer. So my question is which Slimline dish do I get? Been reading some online that D* has comined some of their sats back so that you only need to hit 3 birds rather than 5?

I assume by "oval dish" you mean the Phase III that receives signals from the 101, 110, and 119 sats. Do you get your locals from DirecTV? If so, do you know what satellite is being used? To ensure everything works, get the Slimline with 5 LNBs, which receives 99 and 103 along with the other three. What receiver models do you have?

Call D* and ask about a free upgrade to the Slimline. They should upgrade you to the correct dish for your needs.

I assume by "oval dish" you mean the Phase III that receives signals from the 101, 110, and 119 sats. Do you get your locals from DirecTV? If so, do you know what satellite is being used? To ensure everything works, get the Slimline with 5 LNBs, which receives 99 and 103 along with the other three. What receiver models do you have?

Yes I do get locals from DirecTV, don't know which sat they come off of. My receivers ar HR22-100.

According to this list, some North Dakota SD locals are on the 119 satellite.

The difference between the two versions of the Slimline dish is that one receives signals from all 5 satellites (SL5 - 99, 101, 103, 110, and 119)) and the other only 3 of them (SL3 - 99, 101, and 103).

Bin

You'll want the 5 LNB dish......Fargo locals are on 119 (no HD locals yet)

The 3 LNB slimline only sees 99/101/103
If Fargo wasnt on 119 you could get by with the 3 LNB slimline

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)