I need to Upgrade.. what to get??

Oceangrace24

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 18, 2004
Lexington, SC
I have been a dish customer since August. I am pretty pleased with what I have been getting.
I have a dish 500 with a 508 and 301 for the bedroom.

I want to get local channels. Here in Columbia, SC I need a superdish.
I am about to call Dish to set this up.
I am wondering if there is anything else that I should also get while I am getting the Superdish. I have no committment past August, so I could commit to additional programing if it will help me with cost.

Is it going to cost me anything to upgrade to the superdish??

I would love to have a PVR with a bigger hard drive (60gigs now). I could keep the 508 for the bedroom and get something else for the living room. I would also love to be able to watch one show while recording another.
What are my options, and what would be my best bet??

Thanks. I love this site, I have been reading for a few months now!!

If you're keeping both the exsting receivers, and adding a new DVR, you're gonna need a switch - probably a DP34. It may be included with the SuperDish package when you tell them you are going to 3 receivers - but then again, maybe not.

No, there will only still be 2 receivers.
I will keep the 508 no matter what. If I get a new one, I will move it to the bedroom and keep the 301 for football tailgating. But I will need a good reason and deal in order to get a new one. I could stay with the two I have if needed

Oceangrace24 said:
I will keep the 508 no matter what. If I get a new one, I will move it to the bedroom and keep the 301 for football tailgating. But I will need a good reason and deal in order to get a new one. I could stay with the two I have if needed
but a dp34 is include in the kit if they are legitmate

Oceangrace24 said:
get the 721 for 249

The dp34 comes with the superdish. Exsisting subs can get the superdish for free if u agree to a 1 year contract and if u go with auto credit card payment every month.Or it's 24.95 with a 1 year commitment with no credit card auto pay

lime4x4 said:
The dp34 comes with the superdish. Exsisting subs can get the superdish for free if u agree to a 1 year contract and if u go with auto credit card payment every month.Or it's 24.95 with a 1 year commitment with no credit card auto pay

The agreement is 12 months of AT60 or greater AND the locals for 12 months.
$24.95 shipping charge waived with CCAuto Pay

have you ever compared Dish to DirecTV in your home? since your commitment is up, why not give a real DVR a try from DirecTV? you would be surprised at how much more one can do, and that large hard drive would be no problem, as the DirecTivos are E-
Z to upgrade or you can buy one already to your likings. Now I know I will hear from Dish DVR lovers, but just think about it.

From what I've heard about Pegasus, they'd be a good reason not to switch. Also, if he subs to AT180 or AT60, E is definitely a better value than D. OTOH, if he currently subs to AT120, Direct is the better value. Direct does have better HW, though.

Hello OceanGrace24, I also live in Cola.and had my superdish installed about 3 months ago. The dp34 is provided at no charge. I did most of the install myself prior to the installers arrival. If World Vision is your retailer you can call them with all your questions they are nice and very helpful. I purchased my system directly from dish and the folks who did the install were out of N.C. Had several issues with them but all is well now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)