I pay for the DVR to NOT record

jcarrera

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 15, 2006
Florida
DVR is set to record "The Unit" every Sunday 10pm. So, today, I open the List to watch the 11/9/08 episode . Yep, it is listed there. I play it. The recorded show is "Cold Case."

It did the same thing while I was gone in Oct. There were four recordings ...three of them were the wrong show.

I cannot convey how frustrating it is to have a machine whose sole purpose is to record the material you select, and it fails to do so. The software in this machine is crap.

Sorry to hear that, you should probably ask your cable company if they offer Moxy Dvrs.I have used them in the past and they are pretty good. The ones that I have used even have a HDMI port.

DVR is set to record "The Unit" every Sunday 10pm. So, today, I open the List to watch the 11/9/08 episode . Yep, it is listed there. I play it. The recorded show is "Cold Case."

It did the same thing while I was gone in Oct. There were four recordings ...three of them were the wrong show.

I cannot convey how frustrating it is to have a machine whose sole purpose is to record the material you select, and it fails to do so. The software in this machine is crap.

Yet again, Sunday, 11-16-08, it records something else. And The Unit was a new episode.

This is the only program I really really really want to record. Sure would be nice if I could. Now, I ask myself, why is it I pay for this box if it won't even record what it is set for? Anybody know why I do that?

Yet again, Sunday, 11-16-08, it records something else. And The Unit was a new episode.

This is the only program I really really really want to record. Sure would be nice if I could. Now, I ask myself, why is it I pay for this box if it won't even record what it is set for? Anybody know why I do that?

When CBS has a late football game on Sundays it throws the schedule off. CBS doesn't preempt any shows so they will start late. Pad your timer an extra hour and you should be fine.

haha kinda a funny thread.

Yeah, at least FoX has "the OT" scheduled for like an hour after the last game so any overruns are taken care of there and the schedule is normal by 8pm.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)