I really Love Dish network.

vaylon

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 7, 2009
virginia
I thought I would just post this as a doppelganger of the I am sick of dish thread.

Heres why I love my dish.

Signed up in July of 07 for a 722 and the HD absolute package. Took an entire month for the 722 to arrive at the installers. But dish was nice and refunded my entire purchase price of 200.00.
That was just the beginning .
a few months later I was wondering where my bill was because I never got one.
So I went online and saw a huge amount of money credited to my account:), it was just a tad shy of 1k.
then in November of last year I called in and got the cinemax for a penny deal, even tho I already had easypay( very easy pay:)). While I was talking to the wonderful young lady, she asked me if I was offered three free months of premiums when I signed up. I hadn't, so she gave it to me for free.

Skip ahaed to just about 3 months ago and I got my first real bill. It was for a whopping $48.50.
Yesterday i went online to see when the cinemax is getting cut off and to check on some other things and I got another pleasant surprise. :) I got a credit for one month of service called a commitment credit. That makes my next months bill $3.28.

So for about 150 I have gotten close to two years of dish service.

I really really love dish.

But to be totally above board, I did contact the company that installed the 722 and told them what had happened. They said forget about it and enjoy.
I think they actually got paid for trying to activate 6 receivers at my house. They ran into all kinds of problems during the activation.
I also contacted dish on two occasions. The first person was in billing and said she would investigate. Never heard from her. The second was a CSR who thought all the charges had been charged to my credit card.

I did try.

Had DirecTV from July of 2001 to May of 2006.

Started Dish Network in May of 2006 to the present.

I will have to say that I love Dish also, even though I have had my share of worthless conversations with some of the CSR's :rant:and even got shafted on an old bill from a previous address I wouldn't have any thing else.

I have been a loyal customer since the mid 90's.................back when cable didn't run up in the holler where we lived dish was our only way to get good quality television.

Thank You Dish Network

Now get ESPNU HD turned on :!:

Dish since '98 when I self-installed 2 SD receivers and a single D300 w/ LNB for 119. Went HD about 4 years ago. A few minor equipment issues over the years were taken care of expeditiously. Only 1 bad experience w/ a CSR that tech service quickly corrected. Not looking to change anything any time soon...

I'm glad that so many people have had good experiences with DISH. I guess it depends on which CSR you engage and which local installer services your area. If all were consistently as good as y'all describe, I might still be a customer today ...

Dish

I must say that I have never had a problem with Dish, either. I was with Mediacom for a couple of years. Nothing but problems, and ZERO customer service. I also had Directv for many years, but went with cable after suffering through their lack of customer service. Hooray for Dish ! :up

$1,000 dollar credit smells fishy. The matter is every TV provider, Phone provider, and Banks all do something to piss somone off. They say one thing do something else. My beef is dish has been good to me, but as I get closer to my end of contract they pull off a BIG csr changin my account with out my knowledge moment.

Hard not to love HD absolute. I've had it since 2005. At that time it was call the "HD only pak" and was $15.00 a month and included Voom. The switch to MPEG4 forced me to upgrade to HD absolute. But, still a very good deal. Maybe if you paid a $100 a month you wouldn't have started this thread? :D

Off Topic: I would say we will not see any new HD now
for about two weeks because Thanksgiving and Black Friday are
next week.

Heres the real funny part about my big credit.

When the installers came out to install the 722.
The first installer tried to activate it by phone. That failed
so he tried again by phone.That failed.

So they figured it was the 722 and ordered a new one from another district.
Next day the same installer showed up with some help and tried again. He called it in and that failed.
He worked on it some more, then he called it in again, that failed. He spent most of the day trying to get the unit to activate and couldn't.

So the next day he shows up with his supervisor and a new 722. The supervisor calls in to activate it and guess what? it failed to activate.
So then the supervisor calls his manager and the manager comes out along with 3 other crews of installers. They tried 2 more units and the manager made them pull everything out and start from scratch with new everything, new wires and dishes and everything.
He phoned it in and it activated.
Not sure what they had done wrong.
About 2 months later the 722 died. So I called in to get a replacement. Thats when I found out I had multiple 722's on my account. Apparently every unit they called in got activated in dishes system but not the player itself. So they removed all the activated units from my account.
Only thing I can figure is that each time they phoned in to activate one, I got a credit on my account for the activation. Not sure how the installers got paid, but I am guessing that they also might have gotten credit for each activation. Why else would they tell me to not worry about it. Unless they had something to lose.

As for dish's CSR's, they have always been the nicest and best customer service people I have ever dealt with. Each time I call, I get a CSR from somewhere close to me here in Virginia. They all have the southern accent and very sweet. Most of the time we start talking about other stuff that has nothing to do with dish.

But my next door neighbor had a completely different experience. He is a transplanted Bronx New Yorker and had trouble with everyone from the installers to the CSR's. I tried to help him out by telling him that it is not a good idea to call people "stupid fuc53rs" when they are drilling holes into your house.
He didn't listen.
As soon as the installers left he was on the phone demanding 6 months of free service and complaining about how rude the installers were to him and his family. Then when they wouldn't give him the credit , he told them to come back and get it. Next morning they came back and pulled everything in about 10 minutes.
He ended up getting directtv but the direct installer wouldn't touch the house. He worked for a subsidiary of the other installing company.
The guy ended up with a direct tv dish in his front yard and cables running thru a window. But for some reason he is as happy as can be with Direct.

Big fan of Dish Network too. After being with Directv for 10+ years I had the last straw with a Direct CSR and told them to shove it the same day my contract was up. Called Dish and they had me up and running within 24 hours of my call. Very nice CSR's and the programming (for me personally) is much better. Not a big sports fan. Saints on locals and RED ZONE CHANNEL take care of it all. Thanks Dish. No complaints here.:)

i pay 90$ a month, and i still love dish.. i had directv for a few years, 6-9 years ago, then cable, and then to dish about 5 years ago, and i definitely prefer dish network to the other options..

I like, not love, DishNetwork too.

Went with Dish because they offered Showtime in HD first. Then they had a great 921 DVR that, while a bit buggy at first, was so much better than the way I used to do things with DVHS Tape, then they offered the most HD movies for many years. Never got a special deal, they just charged me what I thought was a better price than the two competitors, Comcast and DirecTV and I paid that price. Once they gave me a new 722 and that is on my account for free but that's all I have gotten from them as a gift.

One thought though, on that deposit you got of $1000 to your account, watch out, you may get that reversed one day if they do an audit. You'll find out after checks bounce. Once you give a business permission to transact directly to and from your bank account, it takes an act of god to reverse that permission. You'll need to file all sorts of paper work and even then they may come in under a different business name. Best to close the account and never give anyone permission to access your account again. Auto pay is best done through a CC ( not check or debit card) where you have recourse on unauthorized charges. When you give permission to access your account you'll have 24 hours to contest it with your bank. I've been through this in a fraud case. If they put $1000 in by "mistake" they will likely reverse it some day without warning, legally.

I like whichever provider makes my pocket book look better this year it was Dish,three years ago it was DirecTV,2 years from now? who knows?.;)

Hope Dish does not read the OP thread and start sending out back charges!.:eek:

I neither "love" nor "hate" DISH. They are a utility that provides me a service and there is no emotional attachment either way.

In the course of time, I have been satisfied with service and customer support and also the reverse. I've churned and used other providers and came back after the alloted time necessary.

All in all, I'd give them 1 thumb up and 1 thumb down.

I've had Dish for over 10 years. I wish I could say I "Love" them but I can't. They do provide programming at a reasonable cost but...
1) I was told when I purchased my 6000 receivers I would get all future HD (not) in 1998.
2) I don't remember how many times everybody was promised more HD and it did not happen
3) To get customer "service" to address a problem is at best a crap shoot.
4) After all these years I know about as much as tech CRs in trouble shooting as all they can do is read the check list script. If call and you tell them you've already done all of the thing on the check list you must go over the check list again. I took one hour plus the other day for them to finally agree the 622 was dead, and put in a replacement order.

Is "Dish" worse than Directv or cable no, not at all, but no better either. I don't "love" them or hate them. I just use them. Just realize you will run into problems sooner or later with any provider be it subscription costs, tech service or programming.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts