I really Moved

dslate69

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 23, 2006
NC
My question is: I moved from out of state and set up a "dish mover" (for free) appointment. Will DISH supply a new dish and LNBs to get me all setup or was I supposed to bring all that with me?
I guess I'll find out Wed but would like the heads up.

Here is what the website says.

Snap3-2.jpg

My question is: I moved from out of state and set up a "dish mover" (for free) appointment. Will DISH supply a new dish and LNBs to get me all setup or was I supposed to bring all that with me?
I guess I'll find out Wed but would like the heads up.

Dish will provide the dish and LNB's. They want you to leave the dish on your old house. (If the dish is left behind on the old house, it makes it more likely that the new resident will consider signing up with Dish Network.)

Thanks.
Just wanted to make sure. I'll bet they won't bring the LNB for 118 like I had before. :(

You had the Dish 500 Plus? 118 for international channels?. Yea, you better make sure you tell the CSR when you call in to put that on the work order. If it's not on the work order the installer might cxl the job or reschedule it. wasting everyones time. Call 1-800-333-3474 and set up the mover and tell the CSR to make sure the DISH 500 PLUS is on the ticket. Then the day before the install call again and ask the next CSR to check it. (Helpfull hint:..If you call and it is India, Ask to be transferred to the USA)

Depends, if your new location doesn't need 118 for locals or international you subscribe to, good luck getting a plus dish.

You had the Dish 500 Plus? 118 for international channels?. Yea, you better make sure you tell the CSR when you call in to put that on the work order. If it's not on the work order the installer might cxl the job or reschedule it. wasting everyones time. Call 1-800-333-3474 and set up the mover and tell the CSR to make sure the DISH 500 PLUS is on the ticket. Then the day before the install call again and ask the next CSR to check it. (Helpfull hint:..If you call and it is India, Ask to be transferred to the USA)

Actually I had the 1000+. I moved back to NC and the HD locals are on the 118.7 SAT. Per your advice I called (got India, but went with it) she said the ticket already had 1000+ on it. Depending on how anal I feel tomorrow, I may call again. Even then I wouldn't bet the farm that they will bring everything they need.

Depends, if your new location doesn't need 118 for locals or international you subscribe to, good luck getting a plus dish.

I paid the $59 last year for the upgrade so I would get it one way or another even if I didn't need it. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts