I Really Wanted to Brag On Dish Tech Support

raincreek

Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
Brownsville, Tn
....but I cannot. Seven days ago the dvr portion of my 622 stopped working. I called tech support and after spending 15-20 minutes with a very pleasant CSR, I was told a replacement should arrive within the next 5-6 days. Ok, being Mr. Nice Guy, I said that would be fine and decided to see how the "system" works knowing my very "understanding" wife would not mind my commandering her 622 to watch my sports shows. Today is the 7th day since the replacement was supposed to be sent and my wife kinda explained that enough is enough!!!
I just got off the phone with tech support who told me there was no record of my first call. After another 20 minutes going through the same questions, the CSR told me they would replace my order and that it should arrive in 5-6 days. I request an overnight replacement and he told me I did not want to do that since the cost was rather prohibitive. I explained that it was Dish's problem; not mine and asked to be connected with customer retention. He put me on hold and came back a few minutes later again apologizing and stated that Dish would pay the cost of the overnight shipment.
If it were not for this site, I probably would have just complained and waited another six days for the replacement. Thanks satelliteguys....this is why I am a proud supporter and thanks for letting me vent!

Last edited:
I'm glad you will hopefully get your replacement. Let us know that you get it as promised.

Dish REALLY needs to revamp their whole CSR system.

What you experienced is why I dumped dish. But it happened many times to me. I experienced CSRs and Executives ttelling outright lies instead of actually fixing the issue until I cancelled.

They should worry more about keeping longterm customers and delivering on their promises instead of trying to fix things short term with lies.

DJ,
THE reason I am now with Dish is because I had this very same problem (replacement receiver) with DirecTV about 4 years ago. I explained this to E's CSR . Between just the two of us, it was part of a bluff since I swore at that time I was through with D*. Alas, no cable in this part of the country, not that I would want to go that route.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts