This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

I received a letter back from my senator

bcshields

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 28, 2003
Delaware
He also sent me another email about the HDTV email I sent, but it was mostly gibberish about stopping TV stations from owning too many media outlets, and referencing ClearChannel's dominance in the radio industry as an example.

Anyone else have any replies?

Good For Senator Carper. I'm surprised his office even answered you. I asked my Congressman about this once and he looked at me like I had 3 heads. Glad you have a somewhat responsive elected member of the senate.

I actually met face to face with my rep, Chris Shays, on SHVERA. Meeting went well. I informed him how the McCain language helped our district.

Unfortunately my congressman is 80 years old so would of been a waste of time. Now granted, he would of listened if I had asked for some time, and he may of even had one of his staffers come and listen. But it would of gone nowhere. As for my Senator, I didn't contribute a million bucks to their campaign so I would not of gotten the time of day with them.

My congressman is 70-something and literally thinks that HDTV is a Pentagon boondoogle (I have it in print - posted it here somewhere).

I also got a letter from my Senator - IIRC, it's like word-for-word the same as Brian's.

I had received a letter also from my senator on the same subject a couple of months ago.